• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

This is Toshiro my recessive chick is it male or female.

Toshiromugshot-1.jpg

Toshirosidemugshot-1.jpg

Toshirobabyfeathers1-1.jpg

Edited by **Liv**

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

looks like a male to me

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

I agree with Liv, male

• Member ID:  4,610
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  3,640
  • Birthday:  09/12/1940

I agree. Male

• Member ID:  4,257
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

should I post some more pictures in a week or so?? because I was told he was she at 2 weeks-ish

toshiro-3-1.jpg

all though the flash was on in this picture but not in the above ones

And when do budgies start to get there adult cere's???

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

Adult cere comes after their first molt

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

should I post some more pictures in a week or so?? because I was told he was she at 2 weeks-ish

toshiro-3-1.jpg

Well if you had the flash on in this photo no wonder it was thought to be female then and male now.

I see you are asking for opinions on yahoo and getting some really stupid answers from people who know a whole lot less that we do here. Dont you trust the experts on BBC ? :P

PS most people on yahoo are kids who know very little but still give opinions like they are experts :D

• Member ID:  4,130
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  4,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  25,112
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

Naughty Naughty Naughty KAZ. For you to see it on yahoo you must of been there :P

Naughty Naughty Naughty KAZ. For you to see it on yahoo you must of been there :D

I have a group of spies who show me things....we have a network of detectives here you know :P

:D I have images of people sitting at computers 24/7 in a sweatshop somewhere searching other forums and seeing if any of our members are on... But anywho's back on topic... after reading through the thread again I have come to the conclusion that your bird is still cute and it is infact both male and female... I believe this is the first recorded case in budgies so you will have to donate it to science... It will not be harmed... :D

toshiro-3-1.jpg

Well if you had the flash on in this photo no wonder it was thought to be female then and male now.

I see you are asking for opinions on yahoo and getting some really stupid answers from people who know a whole lot less that we do here. Dont you trust the experts on BBC ? :D

PS most people on yahoo are kids who know very little but still give opinions like they are experts :D

:P:

• Member ID:  4,495
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  683
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4,315
  • Birthday:  16/01/1977

Just wondering why it is an issue for someone to "ask around"? :D I agree that Yahoo is not the best place to go for answer about budgies, but I don't agree that any one person has to put all their eggs in one basket. If you went to the Dr. and he gave you bad news, wouldn't you get a second opinion? When you have heart for something (or someone) you will find all the answer you can. And if all the answers are the same than you feel confident that you are doing the best you can. I don't think it is fair to make some feel like they are being "spied" on and that be publicly called out on in on a forum. :tut_tut: I'm sure that by no means is it lack of trust of the opinions on this site, but just the lack of confindence on a less experienced person. I too have done this... asked around, or I have addressed a question to a specific person on this site because I felt they took the time to spell things out for me or give me detail without making me feel like an idiot. Joking or not, I'm really turned off by the replies to this post. :D Some of you seem to be doing this alot, especially to new members or the less experienced ones... you're gonna turn people away. It's a shame

Just wondering why it is an issue for someone to "ask around"? :D I agree that Yahoo is not the best place to go for answer about budgies, but I don't agree that any one person has to put all their eggs in one basket. If you went to the Dr. and he gave you bad news, wouldn't you get a second opinion? When you have heart for something (or someone) you will find all the answer you can. And if all the answers are the same than you feel confident that you are doing the best you can. I don't think it is fair to make some feel like they are being "spied" on and that be publicly called out on in on a forum. :tut_tut: I'm sure that by no means is it lack of trust of the opinions on this site, but just the lack of confindence on a less experienced person. I too have done this... asked around, or I have addressed a question to a specific person on this site because I felt they took the time to spell things out for me or give me detail without making me feel like an idiot. Joking or not, I'm really turned off by the replies to this post. :D Some of you seem to be doing this alot, especially to new members or the less experienced ones... you're gonna turn people away. It's a shame

This is about the types of answers you will get on Yahoo answers. If you want good information that is not the place to get it 99% of the time.

A little known fact............ I "found" Jodie on Yahoo before she even knew BBC existed. I brought her here for good information after she was asking serious questions on YAHOO and getting cr*p answers over there from people who still think blue ceres for boys, pink for girls and thats only if they feel like seriously answering a question. You get all kinds of really stupid answers there. Some of us make a point of popping in there to help out and provide real answers now to peoples questions and to promote BBC as a real place for budgie info.

So what if we joke around a little ?? JB does it all the time and gets away with it and noone rips into him over it.

The tongue in cheek answers here for Jodie and the joking around is because we know Jodie, and we know her on Yahoo too, and we have already told Jodie about her budgie and yet Jodie wants to hear that her budgie is something other than what we have said it is.

Like I said KAZ joking or not, if anyone else just popped into this particular post and didn't know the "relationship" you have with Jodie, "they would think what the heck kind of site is this, they don't want you to get info from anyone but them?" And JB jokes around in the since of silliness and being goofy not insulting someone on a public forum. I've personally seen it on several occations and most of the time it's justified by someone saying "your taking it the wrong way, or words on a computer don't always come out the way you meant it"... so whatever the "reason" is for a post like this doesn't matter to me. I love this site, because you do get great info and someone to hold your hand through tough situations, but it seems that doesn't come without being insulted or knocked down once or twice in between then. Promoting a site and recruting is wonderful, and YES Yahoo is NOT the place to get help with budgies, but saying "what do you not trust the answers you get on BBC?..." that's just not right. People like me who come here for real answers but do not necessarily have "friendships" don't like to be made to feel like they are not as good. We already know that... that's why we're on this site AND OTHERS to get help and experince. You can justify it as an "inside joke" if you wish, but for us "outsiders" we would have never known... and my comments still stand. And KAZ for whatever reason you had to drag JB's name in to try to take the presure off you wasn't cool either.... but then again you are all "friends" right? I said my peace... I felt it was a wrong comment to put on a public post that's all.

Chrissy, my response was a joking response as Kaz's was, I do see your point and I appreciate that you are making me more aware of how I affect others. Thank you :D and I apologize if I offended you or anyone else on this post or even on any other post. We don't mean to be like that and if I have been again sorry :D

• Member ID:  3,092
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  3,831
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  21,560
  • Birthday:  23/05/1975

Isn't it funny how things can get out of hand or be misinterpreted.

I understand that Kaz was joking and I do understand what Chrissy is saying. Instead of writing essays justifying responses, perhaps we can all use emoticons more? And anyone who knows me, knows I hate those things - LOL!!!

:D:D :ratty:

This site gets so personal and members get to know each other so well sometimes other's can see that like the wink's and such so you are right Dave emotions are so useful since we can't see it in the words :)

Isn't it funny how things can get out of hand or be misinterpreted.

I understand that Kaz was joking and I do understand what Chrissy is saying. Instead of writing essays justifying responses, perhaps we can all use emoticons more? And anyone who knows me, knows I hate those things - LOL!!!

:D:D:)

Chrissy, my response was a joking response as Kaz's was, I do see your point and I appreciate that you are making me more aware of how I affect others. Thank you :D and I apologize if I offended you or anyone else on this post or even on any other post. We don't mean to be like that and if I have been again sorry :D

No need to say sorry Elly. As I stated I was just taken back by the comment. I'd just hate to see "young budgies" leave this site because they were discouraged by the harshness (although may be joking at times) of the more mature or expienced members. I almost stopped using this site for those very reasons... but when you get someone to help you on this site, they really help and sometimes that help means life or death for one of your birds. I didn't and don't mean to be on "attack mode" and maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, but opening some eyes to how thing continue to come across at times may help not only draw in new members but keep the ones you have. I'm sorry for being rude, especially to KAZ... I have such a passion for this now and want to learn more and more and I'm a strong believer in positive reinforcement... and I just didn't see it on this post. KAZ I AM SORRY FOR BEING SO HARSH... PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

:D Whats not to love about emotions Dave??? :D They rock!! Did anyone notice that when it comes to joking around people instantly think of me?? :D I am an integral part of this forum!!! :D I'm famous!!! :D I just can't stop... :happy-dancing: Edited by JimmyBanks

:P Whats not to love about emotions Dave??? :) They rock!! Did anyone notice that when it comes to joking around people instantly think of me?? :P I am an integral part of this forum!!! :happy-dancing: I'm famous!!! :happy-dancing: I just can't stop... :happy-dancing:

You are SPECIAL JB :D

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Very Much! :elvis: ???? We need an Elvis Emotion!!!

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

I am on Yahoo and I have been referring heaps of NEW MEMBERS :D

I only joined about a week or 2 ago and OMG! I can't believe that answers that people give ... it is the funniest thing :) I mean wet my pants funny ......

But Chrissy there are alot of members here that have the " one egg short of a basket" kind of mentality when it comes to joking around and I AM ONE OF THEM hehehehe :)

You just gotta live and laugh if we were all serious all of the time it would be a rather unhappy world

So for anyone wondering we here at the BBC believe that, in spite of other sites proclaiming other stuff, the bird pictured at the top of this thread is a male... All this ;) chatter I don't know... Its called the Great Brain Drain!!!

Edited by JimmyBanks

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

So for anyone wondering we here at the BBC believe that, in spite of other sites proclaiming other stuff, the bird pictured at the top of this thread is a male... All this :rofl: chatter I don't know... Its called the Great Brain Drain!!!

i am new i am not smart but i joined as i love the fun everyone throws life is to short seriously fun is just making the learning funny i have no emotion hence the same face all time :rofl: and the fact i cant use them half the time and sometime people are wrong and i sifft and find even the most knolagable keep learning dayly guys keep being your self if people dont like it go read a book i say :hap: :rofl: :hap: :rofl: