• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  99,335
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe this is old news but I had this happen to my computer because my virus protection program didn't catch it. Yesterday I had a warning on my actual desktop back ground saying my computer was infected with SPYWARE and the desktop was blue vs my picture.

The virus download like a program onto your computer and makes it look like you need to buy this protection. I looked it up to get it OFF my computer because I knew I didn't download this.

AntivirusXp2008 (Antivirus Xp 2008) is the latest and extremely dangerous rogue anti-spyware designed to steal your money. It will issue fake security messages that the system is at risk and will trick into buying its software. Moreover, AntivirusXp2008 scamware may slow your PC and install additional spy programs to steal your passwords, banking info, PayPal accounts e.t.c. We recomend to kill AntivirusXp2008 as soon as possible.

BEWARE.

Edited by Elly

• Member ID:  3,771
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  39,450
  • Birthday:  09/04/1911

:hap: I hate viruses!!!!!!! :P

Thanks for the warning Elly.

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

Grrr :P Thanks for the warning Elly!

• Member ID:  4,288
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,300
  • Birthday:  11/09/1991

We got the same message on our home computer and got it, we thought it was funny that our other anti virus thing didn't pick up the viruses that we supposably had on our computer an extimated 2500 trojan horse viruses it said we had on our computer. Well we don't have that computer anymore some virus got into it and took control of the entire computer.

• Member ID:  1,641

oh please don't tell me that...right now I am trying to get rid of it....if anyone has a solution let me know.

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

Elly, save all your picture and important documents and restore your system ..Double check with Liv I believe that she is a P.C programmer??

• Member ID:  2,384
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,172
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  7,460
  • Birthday:  25/08/1981

is this the one that looks like microsoft program? Got that a few months ago wanted you to buy the program. Had to uninstall it from the pc

Elly, save all your picture and important documents and restore your system ..Double check with Liv I believe that she is a P.C programmer??

haha thanks Neat, - geek is me :huh: !! Do a system restore to a date well before you got the virus. this will reset/delete all programs that have been installed or changed in that time.

In your start menu, click "help and support". A blue window will open and click on "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore" Follow the prompts and your computer will shutdown, restore and restart - it takes about 30 mins to do depending on your computer.

It will not remove or damage any saved files. Also note that a restore can be undone again if needed :o

Hope it works.

Edited by **Liv**

• Member ID:  1,536
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,753
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  16,870

Liv, my system restore has never worked. There has been many a time where my computer has decided to uninstall some pretty important stuff (like my touchpad ;)), it's latest is that it has decided that my DVD player is now a CD player and refuses to play DVDs. This was extremely annoying as i was watching 300 in the morning and then when I went to watch Transformers it had uninstalled itself!!!! Grrrr. I tried to do a system restore but it didn't work. It didn't work when it uninstalled my touchpad either!!! (luckily I downloaded a touchpad driver and that is all fine now, I'm just having problems trying to find a dvd player driver/decoder. So then I had to somehow watch Transformers on a DVD player that was set to region 3!!! But i figured it out and 4 hours after finding out my computer dvd player was dead I finally got to watch Transformers which is Great!. But I didn't get to watch some of the 300 special features :), because I had to give it back :).

So if you have any idea why my system restore won't work.... Please help. I've made millions of restore points too. It does its little restart thingee and then says that system restore was unsucessful and I still have the same problems :(

Liv, my system restore has never worked. There has been many a time where my computer has decided to uninstall some pretty important stuff (like my touchpad ;) ), it's latest is that it has decided that my DVD player is now a CD player and refuses to play DVDs. This was extremely annoying as i was watching 300 in the morning and then when I went to watch Transformers it had uninstalled itself!!!! Grrrr. I tried to do a system restore but it didn't work. It didn't work when it uninstalled my touchpad either!!! (luckily I downloaded a touchpad driver and that is all fine now, I'm just having problems trying to find a dvd player driver/decoder. So then I had to somehow watch Transformers on a DVD player that was set to region 3!!! But i figured it out and 4 hours after finding out my computer dvd player was dead I finally got to watch Transformers which is Great!. But I didn't get to watch some of the 300 special features :) , because I had to give it back :) .

So if you have any idea why my system restore won't work.... Please help. I've made millions of restore points too. It does its little restart thingee and then says that system restore was unsucessful and I still have the same problems :(

How frustrating SW ! Here is a link to system restore FAQ ---> HERE

I hope you can find your answer.

Hardware drivers can be a pain in the butt when they malfunction. Have you got your latest windows service pack?? that may solve a number of your issues

• Member ID:  1,641

Liv I tried the system restore it only let me restore to the day before it wouldn't let me restore anything before that I knew that would be my best bet. As to do a whole recovery OMG I think I need a different solution.