• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

Hey Guys.... :)

I now have 9 budgies :wub: ... I went to get some seeds from this guy and I seen he had some birds had a sticky beak... As i do and i seen these 2 budgies in a cage just kissing... I asked the guy whats with these birds, he said their coloring isn't right and they just don't look the best her beak to too long ..so I bought them .... :wub:

When i got home I throughly check them out and Yeah her beaks is heaps long like a love birds. and his tails is pretty messed up and has 1/2 a wing I think it was a backyard clipping of his flights but he was hacked ( Charging batteries so i can post picture) .... He (Chereeoke )is so Lovely he is almost tame ??? has a patch on the top of his wing... Just wondering if I am doing the right thing with her (Shyanne) I have but chewing toys and stuff ie cuttlebone, mineral block, Treaty Seed bell just so she can trim it down herself. I will let her go about a week then take her to the vet and see if it should get trimmed :wub: ....

I will post pics of them once the batteries are charged ( Don't you just hate it when you go to use the camera and they are dead ARGGGGGGGGG :P ...

• Member ID:  860
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

If they're badly overgrown they'll probably need to be trimmed back asap by the vet. :P

And yes, i hate it when the camera batteries are flat, always happens when you need the camera the most!

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

Just by reading about the condition they are in I would take Bea's advise and get them to an avian vet to be checked out throughly and see if they need a beak trim. There could be underlying illness in all this.

Also make sure they are quarantined from all your other birds for at least 30 days to ensure that new birds are healthy before introducing to your existing birds. I am sure you knew that but putting it out there for other members too :P.

Keep us updated, will look forward to seeing pictures.

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321

okay GUYS I'M FREAKKKKING OUT :wub::wub::wub:

Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease okay. Tried calling a few avian vets closed open tomorrow will book in...

here are the pics.... ( they are in a inused breeding cage untill their 30 period is up )

Shyanne.jpg

SHYANNE - Dark eye / Recessive pied I think I am sure .... :P

Picture002.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Chereeoke Haven't the clue what he is as there is this little patch on his left wing This is the side that was hacked!!!!

Picture004-1.jpg

YOu can see his flight feathers on this wing this is his right side

This is his underbelly

Picture011.jpg

• Member ID:  2,977
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  13,850
  • Birthday:  08/08/1965

Hiya Neat. I did warn you. I knew you wouldn't stop at the budgies you had. Definitely addicted. :P

Let an avian vet check them out properly before you panic about what they have. Did you ask the guy you bought them from where they came from? He obviously cares enough about his birds to keep these two separate.

Just make sure that you wash your hands between handling these two and going anywhere near your other budgies.

Feathers.

FEATHERS: You have no Idea I have the addiction I just want 1 more a yellow face II sea green type and then I am HAPPY!!! LMAO

No... This guy is a true D head.... His seeds are GREAT and Cheap.. But he buys baby budgies for $25 I mean they don't have feathers now down nothing hand raises them and flogs them off for $60.... He had these 2 in the same cage that is why I have kept them together.. I will I hope it ain't gonna cost alot Hubby has a big weekend planed (Laughing out loud)

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

Hey neat your new pair look great. I can't see signs of Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease with either of the, no feathers missing or growing incorrectly.

But still if the hen has a longish beak a avian vet check would be good, a case of scaly face can make the beak over grown. Perches close to the edge of the cage or over crowding can cause scraggy tails.

Chereeoke looked to be a dominant pied yellowface type 2. he might be a spangle and opaline as well.

• Member ID:  1,582
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  7,510
  • Birthday:  13/03/1977

:) Very pretty budgies... Try not to stress yourself out TOOOO Much although i know its hard not too, and keep us updated on them and their vet visit.. Good Luck with them..

Cheers :beer:

Una

Hey neat your new pair look great. I can't see signs of Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease with either of the, no feathers missing or growing incorrectly.

But still if the hen has a longish beak a avian vet check would be good, a case of scaly face can make the beak over grown. Perches close to the edge of the cage or over crowding can cause scraggy tails.

Chereeoke looked to be a dominant pied yellowface type 2. he might be a spangle and opaline as well.

Thanks Nerwen..... I am glad that it may not be PBFD... Scaley Face is Gross I seen the pics posted :blink:

I was wondering about the tail maybe the perches were to close at the place i got them from.... Vet health check is due... ( i got them on Friday ) Chereeoke was so hard to figure out as he is maily yellow with dark green/blue under his tail and a little patch of *Spangle on his uperwing :) ......

:huh: Very pretty budgies... Try not to stress yourself out TOOOO Much although i know its hard not too, and keep us updated on them and their vet visit.. Good Luck with them..

Cheers :beer:

Una

For sure CAlling at 8.30 tomorrow :P Early bird cathes the worm :greenb:

• Member ID:  1,917
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10,905
  • Birthday:  11/12/1968

Good luck at the vet. They actually look pretty good in the pictures. So hopefully nothing too serious for you to deal with. They are very beautiful and I'm sure under your care they will be looking even more beautiful soon! Congrats!

So you know they can't be dark eyed and recessive pied they are one or the other :).

They are both pied and the toss up for dominant or recessive is there with me still.

Do they have iris rings yet? If they have iris rings they are dominant pieds.

What you may want to do is get better pics of the front and back of them if you can :blink: and set your camera to close up if you have that setting so it is not so blurry.

The are very pretty birds and their feathers from the pics don't look horrible being in the conditions they were in could have caused the ragged tails and such.

An avian vet will know best of course.

SHe has the red eyes and he does have the iris... Heheh I forgot about that one.. All the other breeds are easy to work out lmao...

okay 1/2 hour till vets open yeah.....

My hubby calls them retards. he has no heart They will ended up being supermodel budgies when I am done. I am feeding them all their greens.. and oranges and yellows ( vegie ) and well hopefully vet goes well I am sure that she just needs a trim and I ain't doing that I can clip nails but not touching a beak.... Will keep you all up to date... Thanks guys....28 mins to go (Laughing out loud)

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

good luck Neat.

Elly the way I picked him for dominant was the blue cere.

You know I looked for that Nerwen and on my screen they both look pink tanish not deep blue :wub:

• Member ID:  1,582
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  7,510
  • Birthday:  13/03/1977

~~Looking at my clock thinking that you would be either still at the vets or not long ago finished.. I really do hope that all has gone well for you all {{HUGS}}

~~Looking at my clock thinking that you would be either still at the vets or not long ago finished.. I really do hope that all has gone well for you all {{HUGS}}

Well..NOT HAPPY JAN :angry: My appointment had to be postponed... THere was an emergancy????

Which is understandable... They had a quick sticky beak and nothing looks to bad will know tomorrow at 615PM......

Chereeoke's Tail is more than likely from the perch being to close to the cage..*Thanks Nerwen you maybe be on the money ( No doubt )

They are going to tim her beak and just give them a once over for me..... :) $10 to trim a beak is worth it i'd hate to cut it too short and cause bleeding especially when there is no cornstarch in the house * shoppinglist...

ANyways guys thanks for the wishes and here are more pics...

Picture080.jpg

You can see the length on it pretty good in this picture.. Need to update camera i think

ChereeokeWing.jpg

Chereeoke's Hacked wing you can see the flight feather starting to grow Poor baby..

Thanks for all your wishes guys I will keep you all posted.....

Shayanne1-1.jpg

I know I am not holding her correctly in here but she wriggles so much and ithe biting was starting to hurt

More of SHayanne's beak

Shayanne1.jpg

And Chereeoke is blue Elly ;)Picture073.jpg

Guest ellulah

She may be a He... the cere looks pink to me - the colour of a male recessive pied. Also male recessive pieds tend to show less colour than the hens and your bird is mostly yellow.

The beak doesn't look to hard to fix, i'm sure she will be great once the vet has trimmed it. :P

• Member ID:  2,977
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  13,850
  • Birthday:  08/08/1965

Hiya Neat, they are looking pretty good to me too. A bit of a beak trim and all should be fine.

You probably don't need to update your camera, you just need to find the macro setting. It is normally signified by a picture of a flower that looks a bit like a tulip. See if you can find it on your camera anywhere.

Feathers.

Hiya Neat, they are looking pretty good to me too. A bit of a beak trim and all should be fine.

You probably don't need to update your camera, you just need to find the macro setting. It is normally signified by a picture of a flower that looks a bit like a tulip. See if you can find it on your camera anywhere.

Feathers.

LMAO there ain't no flower on it ...I better get the user manual out :wub:

She may be a He... the cere looks pink to me - the colour of a male recessive pied. Also male recessive pieds tend to show less colour than the hens and your bird is mostly yellow.

The beak doesn't look to hard to fix, i'm sure she will be great once the vet has trimmed it. :blink:

She's going into breeding condition. she is brown and crusty looking....

I just can't take a good picture :wub: