• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  617
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  3,480
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to think that we would share the accommodation for the birds and both enjoy all the birds.

P.S. If it were a really big house with an aviary attached, maybe we could have some macaws, too. lol

Edited by Catherine
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  4,389
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,690

okay question.

If you met the right guy or gal and hooked up would you have your birds and his or hers depending on your sex or would it be ours and our beautiful birdroom and aviaries?

A bit off topic here but you prodded my memory with the suggestion of combining birds when 2 breeders form a relationship. It has happened before!

Back in the 70's THE leading breeders in Victoria were Audrey and Dave Bassett. Before they met they were successful breeders in their own right. However, after they married they combined their studs. Their birds clicked perfectly and A&D Bassett became the top breeders of their time. Probably only Clearwing on this forum would remember them and this story.

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

mmmm thats a hard question

for me as i enjoy the challenge of building my birds from scratch so

i would not combine the too studs

be bit fun to as i could have competition in a good sense :)

and we could celebrated each others wins a reason to have consent candle lite meals , and time together :D

as most likely both be busy with juggling birds house for me and birds and what ever he may do

and he could tease me that i haven't won ever ,lol (in fun of course )

im sure if he wanted to use a bird id be quiet willing to allow it :yes: for a price : mwah ha ha ha

no i think its important to keep own birds as we wont ever fight over them then

like who breeds what i couldnt imagine getting told im useing that cock this season you will need o wait

:wub:

and i also have my own way of doing things in my bird room i like it like that combining birds seems like only something youd do if you had a ring on your finger

even then id be very very careful we were totally in agreement with the way things were run before contemplating it as a full step

but if it happened would enjoy stepping back and enjoy them directing things with in the stud

im very flexible and can and would be happy to just enjoy the birds and preparing their food and what ever else my then husband would ask of me

guess im bit old fashioned like that and as i appreciate the simple things and dont need to prove myself to anyone i could easliy just sit back and enjoy my partners enjoyment id still play with a few pairings now and then depended how good a bird man they were i guess as to if combining studs would pay off

who knows he may just breed pets lol

that would never improve my birds :hap:

okay now birds housed are delt with lol ..

question your house his house separate homes

???

me i say separate home so you both have your own time and keep your own identity ,its better in my opinion as thearatrically you end up with two homes and a change of scenery you can still have dinner out yet you wont really be out ..

and you always have somewhere to go when hes got his mates over with out having to go out yourself asyou can justgo home or he can just go home depending on whos house you are staying at at time

as obviously you would stay at eachothers homes if in relationship with time the second home can become a holiday house in a way

this is my thinking as im use to my own company my own ways and things in their own places

whats others opinions on whos house his yours or both . :)

( ps remembering ) im quiet happy single

so my opinion counts not :rofl:

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

I would be quite to combine and everythings ours :rofl:

Anyway earlier last year Greg reckons he was going to start his breeding up using the white df cock that Kaz has as it was his :) and getting his own rings but clearwing and a few others said that you cannot have to breeders at the same address.

I offered to loose my points and we combine but we decided against it and I am glad we did as he has no interest anymore.

• Member ID:  6,042
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  740
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  4,045
  • Birthday:  15/06/1977

who knows he may just breed pets lol

that would never improve my birds :rofl:

:) You're gorgeous GB. :hap:

Yeh but he might breed champions too :)

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

When I met my "now" husband Ken :P While we were dating, he had an aviary with a couple of Eastern rosellas in it. he sold the babies and he sold the parents and he tried to sell the aviary. When it didnt sell and after hearing me say I liked budgies, he said........'GO ON THEN, FILL IT FULL OF BUDGIES"!!

That was the beginning of me and budgies. The aviary was right next to the swimming pool and I would spend many a hot day in the pool just staring at the budgies a few feet away.

When we moved to the house we are in now we had 17 budgies and now I have around 400.

Ken started all this :rofl:

Edited by KAZ

Greg started me off too :rofl: , his cousin gave him a budgie that flew into there yard one day, no one claimed him so Greg went out to get him, he was a classy little fella.

Anyway Greg built a cage for him and attached to the wall on the veranda.

He was so impresses with this little fella that Greg and I went over to visit Ian Furness to see about buying a few more.

Well next thing you know he built our first part of the breeding room and our first part of the aviary.

Back then he was going halves in buying the birds which was really good.

Things have expanded from there :P

But I have to admitt he is very happy that I have done well with birds but I wish he would come to some shows with me, He use to come but he now finds them boring and really they are a very long boring day, if you have nothing to do. I find them okay because I am watching all the time and yacking :D

well i dont ne d anyone to start me :rofl:

i actually am quiet good at starting things lol

lifes to be injoyed and i think too many people are tied up in lifes minnor stresses to actually remember

when they are older they may just look back and wonder why they spent thirty or more years working and saving and paying house off exectra just to be to worn out and unable to enjoy all the effort sure they may be wealthy but for what

good health andhappyness over rides any money percentage i say

infact dont get me started on that :P

• Member ID:  5,207

So GB, as an old fashioned girl, you wouldn't just settle for an old fashioned millionaire?

So GB, as an old fashioned girl, you wouldn't just settle for an old fashioned millionaire?

no not really into money :D

sure it sounds good and all

to be able to have a pocket full of money endless check book

but really i honestly prefer a small home with a nice structured garden i like to be able to clean my own home not need employees to need to come and maintain it (besides i like my privacy)

same as garden its mine so i want to keep it

besides i have some really nice things that i brought that are quiet extravagant and to be honest i enjoyed the fact that i took months to save to be-able to get them one thing took me a few years

best part of that was that by time i could afford it they were out dated so were at third of the price and i even got to go out and get some really good quality things to accessorize it with

(was my bed :D )

i want something than i get it , even it i have to wait ages it just makes it all more enjoyable once in my reach

i dont care how long it takes as its not like you cant ever find what your after

my home is my very own domain with anything i or my children could ever want for

all the compherts you could want or need to enjoy your living , as well as stupid needless stuff like the disco lights and strobe lights, smoke machine, bubble machine, dj set i got so that when the kids and i get bored we can have our own disco :P

its great for party's too for kids friends or if the kids and their mates have no where to go on a weekend

you see the problem with old fashion men(no matter their age ) is their to stuck in their ways (and the ones that are not are usually taken or hiding away from world)

i may have old fashion values and have more the stay at home and care for family type values and be happy to put myself last before my loved ones but i am not going to fall into the trap of being expected to be that way

i am that way as i chose to be,... but as soon as anyone starts to feel im their to do it all

thats when they get a rude awakening as i step back and just go about doing stuff just for me then when im told wheres my tea or why didnt you wash my cloths why are they not washed the answers simply would be , where you left them on the ground and in the pantry and fridge you will find all you need to make yourself a meal

i know myself to well and im to free spirited to be constant although im not with out routine

demanding and expectant is the down fall to the old fashion ideal man (specially ones with money)

but im in in need of direction and appreciation from some one not expectation or money so

im inclined to just direct myself and expect nothing in my life sure its hard to direct yourself and i do get lost quiet often as a rezult of this

but i appreciate my efforts and i encourage myself to stay strong through difficult times

im lucky my children apreciate me and in fact instead of me asking my 16 year old son for the hug and kiss before he goes out

hes got to say mum where my hug in kiss :) and it me saying do i have to :P as a possed to the other way round

so i feel preeeettty happy that im appreciated in my house whole and it would take a bloody special person with a spark for life and a taste for the different to catch my attention

not money

in fact moneys quiet off putting to me id rather a leaf from upon the ground than a bunch of expensive flowers

and im so dim that i dont even think id relize if some one was interseted in me as i just dont think that way when out as im out to enjoy not pick up and im not the type to say if im interested as i think if someone likes you and wants to get to know you then its their job to ask you out or to take the risk how ever im not shy in say to someone my thoughts on them but only if asked other wize its my secret and really i dont mind cause if i ever do like anyone and they did happen to like me as well

well if their not strong enough to speak up and say so then i know their not strong enough man to be able to deal with me and my ways

after all i do need to be told now and again :rofl: but when i am i do listen and dont anger

communication is the key

learn how to communicate and learn how to be. B)

i say :D

okay so question

since i mentioned it

do you aprotch or prefer to be aproched ???? anyone for thoughs married or in relationship how did it start what was the beginning ?

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

I know, hijacking the singles thread........ and turning it into a womens chat about men thread but.......

I don't know what I did right in my life to deserve finding someone like Grant. He really has NO interest in the budgies but has built our aviary, feeds the birds when I'm away (gonna be 3 out of the 4 weeks in August!) and even comes to our shows and stewards. He built all the amazing holding cages for the 2008 Nats in Busso and worked his RING off as security without getting any sleep at all for about 4 days. So you can see we really are a partnership anyway - him with the facilities and me with the birds.

Thankyou God!

I know, hijacking the singles thread........ and turning it into a womens chat about men thread but.......

I don't know what I did right in my life to deserve finding someone like Grant. He really has NO interest in the budgies but has built our aviary, feeds the birds when I'm away (gonna be 3 out of the 4 weeks in August!) and even comes to our shows and stewards. He built all the amazing holding cages for the 2008 Nats in Busso and worked his RING off as security without getting any sleep at all for about 4 days. So you can see we really are a partnership anyway - him with the facilities and me with the birds.

Thankyou God!

and he's pretty cute as well :lol:

I lucked out with Ken too. He is a YES MAN and he also is my support. He isnt into the budgies as much as I am but pretends to be interested some of the time and is interested some of the time. He allows me free reign. He doesnt do the woodwork part of things...I do, but he will assist.

We are told many times by other by other breeders that the best breeders are when a partnership works together.

Edited by KAZ

Thankyou God!

and he's pretty cute as well :D

I lucked out with Ken too. He is a YES MAN and he also is my support. He isnt into the budgies as much as I am but pretends to be interested some of the time and is interested some of the time. He allows me free reign. He doest do the woodwork part of things...I do, but he will assist.

We are told many times by other by other breeders that the best breeders are when a partnership works together.

hijacking the threads a good idea :lol:

not one male even went near it anyways lol their all probbly sitting back on the com chair haveing a giggle

i know one thing though

nubbz you and kaz are both lucky your partnerships as you say are more relationships

and that really is the real deal

i think when it comes down to it support and encouragement balance and being able to both stay self reliant with in the relationship is very important

and knowing when the other person needs to have the slack picked up after them as you say goes both ways with out hounding each other about why your seeming to be picking the slack up at a time where they may be stressed or over worked or just feeling a tad lazy as we all feel that at times

well i know i do

its about really knowing the person and not really needing words to know their true emotion not the one their facing the world with :D

so many people settle for a partnership over a relationship as their to afraid to be alone and would rather have someone around weather their happy or not

i just think thats ridiculous

why , why stay in a partnership just for money or fear of being alone or unable to cope with life alone

i will never understand that

people always ask me do i get lonely

and truly

i really dont , i mean sometimes i do think it would be nice to roll over in my bed and be able to snuggle someone whom i could cherish

but its just a very short passing thought

beside i got a snuggly pillow

relationships and partnerships are big things and really not sure im wanting a life changing activity :)

i do however love to see others happy and working as a team thats a good thing to see

but for me its really not something i think i want in life not now

maybe when my children can support themselves but for now their my focus

and id be much more a better partner when my focus can be solely one persons rather then trying to deal with young emotions and feelings of abandonment and comtemptment towards the person of whom mabe i would like to spend my years with and end up juggling 4 peoples emotions about the changes that would have to be endured

Edited by GenericBlue

I thougth we hijacking ages go :D not much interest on here for singles meetings, it looks like the men have chickened out so we might as well talk about men :lol: the good and the bad :)

Edited by splat

Yeah, Matt......where are you ?? Posted and ran :lol:

I thougth we hijacking ages go :P not much interest on here for singles meetings, it looks like the men have chickened out so we might as well talk about men :lol: the good and the bad :D

yeah good and bad lol

part my prob

i love the bad guys :doh: :wub:

you know the type , rebellious and airy , spontaneous and edgy

problem with that is

the obvious lol the are bad :D for me anyways ;):)

yea so matt you started this party where did you go and are you single you didnt even say ???

and dad ran off also after the refrance tossed about jokingly

not even a responce

now thats not normal ???? :hap:

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  5,835
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,075

Yeah, Matt......where are you ?? Posted and ran :o

Im back , Not much of a singles thread!!! going on here , Although there seams to be alot of interest here , 3 Days since I posted the thread and already there has been 374 views.

Yes I am single , I think someone asked ? ,

I have a son whos nearly 7 .

Yeah, Matt......where are you ?? Posted and ran :D

Im back , Not much of a singles thread!!! going on here , Although there seams to be alot of interest here , 3 Days since I posted the thread and already there has been 374 views.

Yes I am single , I think someone asked ? ,

I have a son whos nearly 7 .

:D Perhaps you should design a questionaire for here :o

Shame really! Maybe we should just start a "what we girls think about men thread" and leave the fellas (who actually started this thread before we hijacked it) to their dating opportunities.

Matt maybe a "What I'm looking for in a partner" post from you?.................... And don't say a lady with budgies capable of winning the Nationals!

Edited by nubbly5

• Member ID:  4,389
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,690

Matt maybe a "What I'm looking for in a partner" post from you?.................... And don't say a lady with budgies capable of winning the Nationals!

Not that there's anything wrong with that, lol!

Not that there's anything wrong with that, lol!

lol considering i tried to get interest or conversation on here up and going

all though it was pretty dodge way

as i really have no clue how to get others chatting to each-other

and still it just ended up a chat room :P

i say scrap the dating bit and lets just continue to yak in here about what ever pops into our heads regarding what others have said as truly

matt although it sounds good in theory

i dont even think i would be game to put myself out their on a budgie sight and considering ive pretty much given a bit of myself to all and im not even looking for a partner well????

not many others has even given a tad of their personality likes interests dislikes, thoughts up exept for people im pretty much know already

so i think it failed big time

however if we just keep yating others may join in and

we will see things in people we dont normally see in their advice giving and this may just spark some interest in someone somewhere :rolleyes:

im just going to keep checking this place out

in-case my eye catches something

cause as i stated first up im interested in maybe finding a friend or someone to do stuff with as i think its time i actually started leaving the house :)

just dont really have anyone i want to do things with as my idea of going out and having fun is not really appealing to anyone whom i do know

their all sticks in the mud :D

and honestly asking someone to join you at a bird show or an auction for the day isnt really a riveting suggestion to most people

or instead of a pub crawl an aviary crawl ? i think id just get laughed at :P by the most : ha ha sorry i was just being silly but really its hard finding friends that are interested in simular things so i will be looking for one of them if anyone's interested in that im open to new friendships always

personally also i want pics of the men and woman available

resent ones to not a picture from months ago as thats just cheating why because you can tell a whole lot more about someone through their face B)

and i live on the end of the world and dont really see any point here as no ones going to live close to me anyhow

but i still think this threads silly and fun regardless :P

god i can **** on carnt i :o

Edited by KAZ

Below is a questionnaire you might like to use. If you like it, please answer it on line so that other members can decide whether to put you on their list of possibilities. You can just write 1.a; 2. c; etc.

1. If the answer does not matter, would you prefer

a. Hamburger

b. Tofu roll

c. Strawberries and ice-cream

2. If the answer does not matter, how many budgies would you like to have

a. Fewer than 10

b. Fewer than 20

c. Who cares

3. Are the vegetables in your fridge for

a. You alone

b. Your budgies

c. For you and your birds

4. If you had no vegetables in your fridge, would you

a. Get some at once because the birds need them

b. Give the budgies extra seed

c. Go back to bed and sleep on it

5. If your budgie escaped, would you

a. Cry

b. Not rest until you had found it

c. Escape-proof your bird-keeping facilities

d. None of the above

e. More than one of the above

6. If you met a prospective partner, would you prefer him/her to

a. Have a lot of money

b. Have no kids

c. Keep budgies

7. Would you describe yourself as particularly

a. Good looking

b. Clever

c. Musical

d. Good

e. None of the above

8. Do you think election campaigns are

a. Boring

b. Excruciatingly boring

c. Mildly interesting

e. Fascinating

f. Just exactly what the electorate deserves

9. When you were 5 years old, did you

a. Still wet the bed

b. Believe in the tooth fairy

c. Sook a lot

d. Go looking for the pot of gold when you saw a rainbow

10. Which is the most romantic scenario

a. Sleeping in

b. Holding hands

c. Choosing new budgies together

d. Offering to clean the aviary while your partner has a day out with the boys/girls

I am sure you will agree that your answers to this in-depth survey will reveal your very soul and would be likely to rapidly end your single status.

Damn shame this is a singles thread! That questionaire looks like a lot of fun single or not! Good effort there Cathrine :P

Damn shame this is a singles thread! That questionaire looks like a lot of fun single or not! Good effort there Cathrine :D

Thank you, nubbly5. You could do it anyway and the singles could put you in a list of first reserves. :P