• Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

Does she sleep in a position that might push her tail feathers down and close up her butt area? Blinks has had a couple of normal poops stuck to his butt in his life time but i've just pulled them off when i noticed and it hasn't bothered him.

• Member ID:  875
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  826
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  7,200
  • Birthday:  15/01/1976

No she sleeps on a plastic swing with bells on - all my budgies do. I cant see any reason that they are sticking especially when the consistency is right. I wonder if its something she is lacking in her food maybe.

Something that also worried me she was trying to get into her seed bowl this morning, the ones that clip on from the outside. I keep having awful visions of seeing an egg one morning after someone told me she could be with child hehe!

• Member ID:  860
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

If she did lay an egg you could just get rid of it or replace it with a marble.

Bea you KNOW how much I would love a baby budgie, but you also know I dont have the time or space for any more.

If it did somehow happen I would get rid of the egg for sure Tobi is only a baby still and Im pretty sure she hasnt mated. So Im thinking its something else Im hoping anyways.

I'll feed her up extra green tonight see if that helps.

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Boomberry, you could trim the feathers around the vent to help her. Some breeders recomend this to improve copulation. :P

Give her a vent trim. :)

Oh and watch that fingur.

Edited by daz

Mmm. I wouldn't trim the vent feathers just yet. You want to keep an eye on this in case it continues to happen. Even if her poops look fine, something might be up that needs to be checked out so you'll want to know if it's going to stop soon or if it's going to keep happening.

Piper had problems with this when I first got her for the longest, but it was a certain type of pellet that seemed to cause it. Unless there's been a change in Tobi's diet, this probably isn't the case. Just keep an eye on her and if it doesn't clear up very soon, have her seen (you said you probably were anyway so that's a good plan).

I'm just worried that trimming the vent is putting a bandaid (or should I say, plaster) on a severed limb so to speak. (Not that serious, but you get the point. :P)

Edited by eterri

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

If they are that stickey, I wonder if she is not drinking enough and getting enough liquid?

For now I will just clean her up she had another couple stuck this morning but where she had slept there was also a little pile so they arent all sticking.

About her diet the only new thing she has had recently was some Jungle Munchies seed, the coloured ones but only a sprinkle on top of her seed bowl. I wonder if this could be it. I will stop giving her it and see if anything changes.

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  922
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  775

Hi, saw your posting about budgie itching her botty with her feet..... mine does that and has done for a few years now on and off. He has a few health probs, mainly enlarged liver (had him xrayed) but his poo has always been "different", sometimes loose... hard, stringy... all white, sometimes green, sometimes grey. Had him under the vet from early age, no one seems to be able to do anything, but when he itches I just wash his vent off and dab him dry and he's okay for a while then. I think it's cos at times his poo is wet and must irritate him... I did think about worms but he's never "ill", doesn't show signs of illness only just the occasional wet poo and sometimes sleeps a lot. I keep wondering what the itching indicates but never found out, even here reading the postings.. sigh. Guess we just have to do what we can and keep them going okay. Take care and I hope ur little girl goes along okay. x

Thanks Classy she seems to be going on okay now hasnt done it for a couple of weeks. I think it was definitely the Jungle Munchies she was eating.

Guest BudgieBite

My budgie Louey has exactly the same thing. i took him to see an avain vet and he did quite a lot of tests and could find nothing wrong with him. Just said to feed him tril seed and cutdown on the amount of greens i give him. It worked slightly but it still happens- normal poo just sticks to him now and again everythign else is great with him. Figured Louey is just too lazy to clean his own butt - typical male.

It may also have something to do with that he lies on his back to nibble his feet - nothing wrong with his feet he just likes nibbling them- he has a foot fetish. so if he poos while lying on his back it is goign to stick to him!!

has anyone got a stranger budgie than mine? :(:P:(

Guest BudgieBite

i know- i managed to get photos of it last night. so i'll put them on next week !! Such a bizarre budgie, but i'm fianlly managed to train him- last night he flew ot my shoulder for the first time!!