• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

Hi, I would like to know what the out comes of breeding my 1st pair and future pair and as for the parents I dunno what both my females are but my two males are brothers.

Bailey and George Jr's parents

George(he has a large yellow spot on the back of his head)

DaddyGeorge1.jpg

Gina (the image is small but I think she is a cinnamon)

Gina.jpg

1st pair(George jr and Lumina)

DSCF0538-1.jpg

My future pair

Bailey

DSCF0557.jpg

Sky

001-1.jpg

1.and also how long when would you expect an egg after the next box is put in?

2.and why do Budgie's have different colured feet and toe nails(i know they are the propper words for it but hey)

• Member ID:  3,235
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,965
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  12,755
  • Birthday:  20/08/1940

Jodie your first pair [George Jr & Lumina] are both Light Green Normals. Mostly you will get Light Green Normals from this pair as Green is a Dominant colour, but seeing George’s Mother was a Cinnamon, he will be split for Cinnamon & some of his Daughters will be Cinnamon, some other Daughters will be Opaline as both his Mum & Dad are Opaline. As his Brother Bailey is Yellow Face, it must be coming from somewhere so you could also get some YF’s too, but only if Lumina is split for Blue, if she is it will be possible to get some Blues also. Also any Recessive factors both birds may be carrying. Bailey is an Opaline Yellow Face 2 Sky Blue… Sky looks like an Opaline Cinnamon Sky Blue Dominant Pied. All their young will be Blue about 50% chance could be YF2 & 50% Dominant Pied. You can get some Cinnamons of both sexes, as Bailey is carrying the Cinnamon gene from his Mum. All young will be Opalines & also any Recessive mutations both may carry. If your pairs are ready to breed they will take at least 10 days before you get eggs, but some pairs can take longer. The colour of birds feet mainly relates to their body colour, darker colours will have Bluish Grey feet while Lighter & Pied birds will more likely have feet of a lighter or Pink colour.

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

Norm, that was explained fantasticly .... *wonders why you didn't explain it to me like that .... Or you did and I didn't understand lol .....

• Member ID:  4,257

Jodie your first pair [George Jr & Lumina] are both Light Green Normals. Mostly you will get Light Green Normals from this pair as Green is a Dominant colour, but seeing George's Mother was a Cinnamon, he will be split for Cinnamon & some of his Daughters will be Cinnamon, some other Daughters will be Opaline as both his Mum & Dad are Opaline. As his Brother Bailey is Yellow Face, it must be coming from somewhere so you could also get some YF's too, but only if Lumina is split for Blue, if she is it will be possible to get some Blues also. Also any Recessive factors both birds may be carrying. Bailey is an Opaline Yellow Face 2 Sky Blue… Sky looks like an Opaline Cinnamon Sky Blue Dominant Pied. All their young will be Blue about 50% chance could be YF2 & 50% Dominant Pied. You can get some Cinnamons of both sexes, as Bailey is carrying the Cinnamon gene from his Mum. All young will be Opalines & also any Recessive mutations both may carry. If your pairs are ready to breed they will take at least 10 days before you get eggs, but some pairs can take longer. The colour of birds feet mainly relates to their body colour, darker colours will have Bluish Grey feet while Lighter & Pied birds will more likely have feet of a lighter or Pink colour.

wow! thankyou i under stand now and wow! i want mini greens any ways ^^

also bailey, George jr and Sky have pink toe nails and feet but Lumina has pink feet and black toe nails

• Member ID:  3,235
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,965
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  12,755
  • Birthday:  20/08/1940

Norm, that was explained fantasticly .... *wonders why you didn't explain it to me like that .... Or you did and I didn't understand lol .....

Thanks Neat I hope I explained some things to you as well, I'm sure in your case it's nothing to do with being Blonde…LOL… but in this case I could see the parents of one side which helped a lot, but for some reason I had lots of trouble seeing the pictures they don't all show for me, whether that's something to do with the web site or my PC I don't know.

Jodie the feet colour relates to where the pigment is in each individual, some can be a similar colour, but still have variations in where the pigment appears, it could mean they are carrying different other genetic factors also.

Edited by KAZ

Thanks Neat I hope I explained some things to you as well, I'm sure in your case it's nothing to do with being Blonde…LOL… but in this case I could see the parents of one side which helped a lot, but for some reason I had lots of trouble seeing the pictures they don't all show for me, whether that's something to do with the web site or my PC I don't know.

Jodie the feet colour relates to where the pigment is in each individual, some can be a similar colour, but still have variations in where the pigment appears, it could mean they are carrying different other genetic factors also.

Bailey and George Jr's father has purple feet and black toe nails and there mom Gina has pink for both. Could you explain more as i dont under stand i'm 14, sorry

• Member ID:  4,233
  • Topic Count:  329
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,498
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  28,540
  • Birthday:  17/12/1982

Certain genes will result in more than one thing. For example a white cat which also has blue eyes (not sure how connected those two are but it's the only one I could think of :D ) Basically what Norm means is that because he has the black toenails he could be carrying some other mutation which is hidden due to the colour of the bird and the only visible evidence is those toenails. When you bred him with the right female(whatever that is) the hidden mutation may be seen in the chicks potentially. Hope that helps.

Certain genes will result in more than one thing. For example a white cat which also has blue eyes (not sure how connected those two are but it's the only one I could think of :D ) Basically what Norm means is that because he has the black toenails he could be carrying some other mutation which is hidden due to the colour of the bird and the only visible evidence is those toenails. When you bred him with the right female(whatever that is) the hidden mutation may be seen in the chicks potentially. Hope that helps.

that helps thanks

also most white cats with blue eyes are blind

not blind , deaf :D

not blind , deaf ;)

I watched this thing and they said blind those lyers :o

I worked as a vet nurse and I have no doubt it is deaf. Although they could possibly be more prone to eye damage due to the paleness of their eyes, so maybe that's what they were saying??

I worked as a vet nurse and I have no doubt it is deaf. Although they could possibly be more prone to eye damage due to the paleness of their eyes, so maybe that's what they were saying??

hmmm

Jodie your first pair [George Jr & Lumina] are both Light Green Normals. Mostly you will get Light Green Normals from this pair as Green is a Dominant colour, but seeing George's Mother was a Cinnamon, he will be split for Cinnamon & some of his Daughters will be Cinnamon, some other Daughters will be Opaline as both his Mum & Dad are Opaline. As his Brother Bailey is Yellow Face, it must be coming from somewhere so you could also get some YF's too, but only if Lumina is split for Blue, if she is it will be possible to get some Blues also. Also any Recessive factors both birds may be carrying. Bailey is an Opaline Yellow Face 2 Sky Blue… Sky looks like an Opaline Cinnamon Sky Blue Dominant Pied. All their young will be Blue about 50% chance could be YF2 & 50% Dominant Pied. You can get some Cinnamons of both sexes, as Bailey is carrying the Cinnamon gene from his Mum. All young will be Opalines & also any Recessive mutations both may carry. If your pairs are ready to breed they will take at least 10 days before you get eggs, but some pairs can take longer. The colour of birds feet mainly relates to their body colour, darker colours will have Bluish Grey feet while Lighter & Pied birds will more likely have feet of a lighter or Pink colour.

also the clutch which Bailey and George Jr hatched from there other two siblings were white faced sky blue normal cock and the other a cock also looked like Bailey's identical twin

Probably split for blue then too but you'll only get blue babies if the hen is also split