• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  225
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to buy budgie toys online. I've looked at a few of the larget pet suppliers, like Drs. Foster and Smith and really don't see anything particularly unique or inspiring. My girls don't take a great liking to toys, as they aren't babies anymore and their interest has kind of dwindled, but the items in their cage don't seem to thrill them anymore at all. Do your babies like the more natural toy (like rafia, straw, string) or the bright plastic toys?

Edited by brunof

• Member ID:  1,826
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  955

http://www.parrotdiseperch.com/parrot/index.php

this is a local calgary company that ships worldwide i believe, all toys come from 100% bird free eviroments to ensure safety fot your guys (wow i'm a walking ad) i love this store! plus the owners are currently the president of the calgary bird club, and help run FFARRA...

great great store

• Member ID:  2,995
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,475

Baby likes stringy toys, things she can preen, and she also likes things with bells. Cupid and Psyche aren't too into their toys. Maybe its because they have each other, or maybe we just don't have the right things in there for them. They have a beaded stringy thing that I've hung up so it creates a swing and Psyche likes to sit on that and sometimes Cupid sings to the bell or plays with the plastic rings.

• Member ID:  2,977
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  13,850
  • Birthday:  08/08/1965

My budgies are absolutely toy mad. Anything that even remotely looks like a toy is well loved. I have a lot and I rotate them every 2 weeks when I re-arrange their cages. Everything from the plastic hanging balls and olympic rings to a new wooden toy called a kladder that I got from 'The Painted Parrot' http://www.thepaintedparrot.com.au/Toys%20Home.htm

The favorite toy of all at the moment is a half chewed wooden ladder that hangs by one side from the top of the cage, so it swings like mad and turns around when a bird is on it. I haven't found a toy or swing or perch that they don't like yet. I think changing them all the time stops them from being scared of anything new in their cages and stops them from getting bored with their toys.

• Member ID:  2,475
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  225

Thanks the website! Looks great!

It's interesting to read everyone's replies...just goes to show you how each budgie has his/her own personality.