• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  1,080
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone. I spend allot of time watching my precious budgies and I'm really not sure what is going on with my hen.

She paired up with a male ,laid seven eggs. All went like clockwork. Untill three days ago eggs number one was due to hatch, and nothing has happened yet. I didn't candle them so i don't know if they are infertile.

But today she is out of the nest and doing all of the courting behaviors with her partner again and i even saw them mating?

Since this is my first lot of eggs and i don't know what this behaviour means?

Also MErry chirstmas everyone.

Meg

Guest Sco-tie

i would leave the ggs untill the latest is 5 days over due and if not hatched then get rid of them, you can candle them also to see if any where fertile and then get a feel for how good the pair is and who's "fault" the loss was i.e infertile =male fertile= female etc if it was their first clutch its perfectly normal for the eggs not to hatch espessially if they are a young pair. the pair sound like they will go to nest again so let them and see how this new clutch will go. males will court females even when they have alread got eggs but they will do it just after a previous clutch has fledged or nnot hatched

hope this helps,

Sco-tie