Previous Posting Re Backyard Breeder Concerns

Good on you! ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good work Karen, see 1 person can make the difference!

Guest Thirtyfive Black

excellent!

I'm so glad to hear that. Often these spca visits cause a bandaid solution and then the owners revert back to their old ways. I really hope this guy has learned.

Guest Phoebe

:ausb: Good work budgiebird, if we could only shut down all these idiots and the puppy mills too! :angry:

woot :angry: I'm glad to hear the birds have won out in this case and gotten what they deserved in the first place.

good work Karen, see 1 person can make the difference!

.....I couldn't say it better. :angry:

The way it seemed to have worked in this case is firstly the guy was shocked that he had been reported. He had been breeding birds for many years......right or wrong. But he was insulted that anyone would see what he was doing as wrong or bad for the birds, so he has put more energy and care into the birds he has left now ( many aren't there any more .....sold or culled maybe ?? ) and trying it all from the perspective of what the RSPCA officer told him. He also lives in fear of return visits.

The way it seemed to have worked in this case is firstly the guy was shocked that he had been reported. He had been breeding birds for many years......right or wrong. But he was insulted that anyone would see what he was doing as wrong or bad for the birds, so he has put more energy and care into the birds he has left now ( many aren't there any more .....sold or culled maybe ?? ) and trying it all from the perspective of what the RSPCA officer told him. He also lives in fear of return visits.

It's with good reason he "lives in fear of return visits" because they can and will come back to follow up their work! All of us at the Arc have reported cases of animal cruelty and abuse at one time or another and it's so good when you get results, makes you feel like you've really made a difference to animals who needed you! :hap:

• 2 weeks later...

After reading about this, it has prompted me to report a person not too far away from me who sells budgies all year round. I felt sick to the stomach after visiting him. He had between 100- 200 budgies in a cage that was lined with filthy dirty nest boxes,inside and outside -bird poo 6 inches thick and birds that obviously breed all year with whatever bird they want which would mean many cases of birds being inbred. It was reallly disgusting! This person obviously does it for the money and not for the love of birds. The RSPCA is going to get a phonecall first thing in the morning...... :angry:

That's cool BB woot!

Yes Jenene, good on you update us please