The Best Way To Let Clipped Wings Grow Out?

I was just wondering what others do about letting their birds' wings grow out. Smokey is as tame as I had hoped he would become (will let me pick him up, sits on my finger and shoulder etc) and I was thinking of letting him have a go at being wing-ed! I have been just clipping the new flights as they grow in, and am concerned that if I let them grow in he will have individual long feathers that might get caught on things (as with the concern re: clipping all but the outside flight feather) etc until the rest of them have grown in.

Is it best to just trim these feathers so they're a bit shorter and don't get caught, or will it be okay just to let them all grow back individually in their own time? I was thinking of just gradually clipping fewer flights, so just the first 5-6 to begin with, the 4-5 and so on as they grow back.

I would try to make them as even as you can when they are growing back -

as they all grow back at different times -

If you find that once Smokey's wings have grown back a bit and can gain more height Keep the taming up

My Dips is now uncliped and a very tamed bird - when he is out and you put your hand up he will fly to you

no issues at all :)

Good luck mate

Just let them regrow.

I am letting Cookie's flights grow back at the moment - he is loving being able to fly around the room :D

They may get a little damaged from the cage bars etc, but once fully gown in they will look lovely again :D

I agree with Liv that is what I did with Pretty and Merlin :D, if there is no problems just let them grow back.

They usually grow their feathers back in symmetrically. Same one on each side. I just let them grow back untouched, they don't seem to have any problems.