• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  835
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/10/1989

Hello everybody!

I haven't posted for quite a while as I haven't had the internet since way before christmas and so I thought I'd update everyone. Fatty and George are still going strong, and Casper, Blacky, Kailani and Lucien are fine too. About two months ago Casper had to have a toe amputated becasue he somehow got it caught in the door of the cage and broke it (I told the vet it was broken but he said it was just a sprained ligament... boy wasn't he embarrassed when Casper's toe actually fell off. His bone was sticking out and so we had to get it properly amputated, poor thing.) Anyway, a bit before that Caspe and Blacky had a lot of babies, (by that I mean two) an albino and a pied. The albino had a splayed leg (god knows why though, I had them on suppliments, cuttle bone, and greens!) I panicked, thinking it was broken when I first saw it, having never had a baby with splayed legs before and so took the little girl (winnie) to the vet (a different vet) and he told me it was just splayed legs and so he tied them together to try and correct it. The problem was, the bent leg was strnger than the normal one and so having them tied together bent the other leg! :wub: I thought we were going to have to put her down but she was so determined... I've modified a cage for her so she can sit and sleep properly and she has become quite adept at landing on perches. My grandma is keeping her with her budgie George - who by the way is smitten; feeding and grooming her constantly. One of her feet is almost completely paralysed while the other one just points out at an odd angle, but she seems happy. I've got to keep a close eye on her though to make sure she is happy living how she does.

Well, I think thats just about all... Here are some pictures of Winnie (a bit blurry but you get the picture.)

IMGP0022.jpg

IMGP0021-1.jpg

IMGP0020-1.jpg

I don't know whether you can see her legs but she can't actually sit on a perch normally.

-Shann

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

Hi Shann. Sorry to here that Winnie had some issues while growing up, sounds like you did a great job setting up a living space to suit her. What happened to the other baby?

• Member ID:  917
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  835
  • Birthday:  09/10/1989

I've still got the other bub, and he's perfectly normal. I was going to give him away, but it sort of never happened :wub: I haven't even named him yet. He's a violety coloured recessive pied and he's gorgeous, I'll post some pics up in the next few days.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

Welcome back .

sorry to hear the trouble you went thru with Winnie but l'm glad to hear that she is doing fine now .