Baby Sitting My Babies

Hey all,

Well my MIL is moving so I know have my 2 babies ( bubba ) Dipsy and (Kolorado) Mac for a few weeks

while things get moving at her place -

They are both very well trained and have adjusted to being back with me .... and the kids love playing with them agian:D

However they came back in a cage with 1 dowel rod ONLY !!!!! and a massive seed bell :wub: no wonder they weren't eating anything -

So I gave them a mini makeover - I will take pictures and post a little later on today .....

They have since last night gnawed one branch to bits and are fighting over the one that peels easy lol ....

it is would be nice to have your babies back for a visit and glad to hear the kids are enjoying themselves.my older kids love the birds but my 2 year old is still scared of them, she will talk to them but wil not touch them and i got my birds before i had her.

Thats no good might be time to hint to her.

Maybe by redoing her cage and returning them to her with lots of natural branches wit veges still in the bowl and seed dish, she might get the hint.

That is how i did it , 2 natural perches, a cuttlebone, a ladder, 3 dishes, 1 water , 1 seed, 1 VEGIES !!!!

I changed their water Tube to a container as they were trying to bath in it lol

I am really glad that they have gone home, it was fun and all but my 2 kids every morning got the birds out, which drove me mental, as there was hot tea on the table, or breakfast bowl with milk in it the fish tank roof wasn't on ...

Too many dangers for the little guys , no to mention dylan seen one do a poo so went to take it to the toilet ,,, OMG ... I think that my heart actually stopped .....

When the kids are older is when we will actually have one, until then I will tame up babies and sell them on just like before ......

it must be relaxing now the budgies have gone home. i am fortunate that i have had the budgies since my kids where little so they know not to open the cage and my 2 year old is scared of the budgies.

I use bread clips on the doors the kids still haven't worked out how to get them off

Oh mate, a relief like you wouldn't belive, Dylan was scared when they first came over as he jumps when they flap their wings, after 2 weeks he would open the door tell them c'mon and put his hand in and get them out, then say kisses and kiss them .... LOL .... very cute indeed

Trust me MB, they would have pulled the cage over trying .....

Dylan sounds so cute and it is great they way he got used to them so quickly. Lucy, my 2 year old has always been around budgies but still screams if they land on her, i have finally got her to touch the babies but she will not hold them.