• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

I have placed a yellow faced type 2 sky blue (sea foam green) opaline spangle with an ino hen. Her mother is a colbolt blue recessive pie. Her father is a yellow wing type 2 cin olive green spangle.

His father is cobalt blue yellow face harlequin pie.

His mother is a white wing cin laced spangle cobalt blue two factor violet.

I was wondering if any one has any idea if I could possibly have chicks that result similarly to any of the two's parents of the bred birds. (ino cross yellow face opaline spangle)

Bit confusing i know but what confuses me more is that when I purchased the ino her eyes were black for the first three months of her life. I then noticed they changed to pink. Definitely is not other bird. I only have the one white hen. :party0011:

HEEEELLLLLPPPPP Please.

Edited by Neat

• Member ID:  4,233
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  329
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,498
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  28,540
  • Birthday:  17/12/1982

Well you won't get any inos as that is sex linked, any cock chicks will be split for ino. Opaline is also sex linked, as the cock is opaline any opaline chicks you got would be hens. You might get spangle chicks from the pairing and you should get yellow face chicks as that is dominant :party0011:

Meant to add, chicks should be cobalt or mauve(depending on what the hen has carried down from her parents)

You won't get any pieds unless the cock happens to be carrying recessive pied (any spot on the back of his head?)

He is possibly split cinnamon so you may get cinnamon hens

Edited by Neat

• Member ID:  4,737

Well you won't get any inos as that is sex linked, any cock chicks will be split for ino. Opaline is also sex linked, as the cock is opaline any opaline chicks you got would be hens. You might get spangle chicks from the pairing and you should get yellow face chicks as that is dominant :party0011:

Meant to add, chicks should be cobalt or mauve (depending on what the hen has carried down from her parents) You won't get any pieds unless the cock happens to be carrying recessive pied (any spot on the back of his head?) He is possibly split cinnamon so you may get cinnamon hens

yeah no he is not recessive pied - to think he could throw mauve would be fantastic as they would fit perfect in my mauve line .But was going to use them for my dom rainbows, if the yellow face was not present. that was my hope thanks, will post pics of chicks and mum n dad when they arrive cheers

any other thoughts would help as to achieve a nice colour aiming towards bettering my dom rainbows

Edited by Neat

• Member ID:  4,233
  • Topic Count:  329
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,498
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  28,540
  • Birthday:  17/12/1982

Olive is two dark factors so if the hen is hiding that she got two dark factors from her parents then shecould also throw mauves If she got only one dark factor then she will throw cobalts only. Also you may get skyblues if she is only masking cobalt :party0011:

• Member ID:  3,275
  • Topic Count:  321
  • Content Count:  5,171
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  31,845
  • Birthday:  22/05/1980

she had Black eyes as a baby and Now they are red?

Have you got a picture of her???

[yeah dad is holding grey factor found that out as he was placed with a cremino and first out come was dark olive of normale type and second out come was two cin hen lime green of normale type so really dad must be a normal then not a spangle so this changes everything ... hum now what ?

she had Black eyes as a baby and Now they are red? Have you got a picture of her???
yes but can only post when at my bros house so will do that mabe tomorrow if i can get their she is very white no blue shine if not tommorrow with in week kalso the yellow wing olive cin cock the inos father he has a blue tailas does his son from cremino hen
  • 2 weeks later...

[yeah dad is holding grey factor found that out as he was placed with a cremino and first out come was dark olive of normale type and second out come was two cin hen lime green of normale type so really dad must be a normal then not a spangle so this changes everything ... hum now what ?
she had Black eyes as a baby and Now they are red? Have you got a picture of her???
yes but can only post when at my bros house so will do that mabe tomorrow if i can get their she is very white no blue shine if not tommorrow with in week kalso the yellow wing olive cin cock the inos father he has a blue tailas does his son from cremino hen
BILD0057.jpgfound out her dad is yf type 2 clear wing cin spangle oliveBILD0049.jpgthis jimmy her partner they have 4 eggs due 15th nov Edited by **Liv**

• Member ID:  4,130
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  4,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  25,112
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

very cute Birds you have there... Look forward to seeing what they produce for you...