Sign in to follow this  
Guardog

Budgie Behaviour. Is She Expecting?

G'day.  I'm new to the World of Budgies.  I got six two weeks ago.  I have revamped an old Cocky cage and inserted three Boxes.  Two looked quite happy with each other and I think they may have had a little liaison.  George (girl) has been interested in one of the boxes.  She has pecked at the opening and gone halfway in.  Is it the case I may be a Grand Pappy???

She is preparing and inspecting the nest but you have 6 budgies in 1 cage with 3 nest boxes? that is asking for problems i woudnt recommend that at all.

It is too early to decide. They might still inspect the nest box when they're not in breeding stage. But if you see some bonding, feeding, mutual preening, and if they feel safe enough, you'll soon be a grand pappy. 

It'll take about 2 months before you see the chicks if everything goes right. 

They get territorial and aggressive if they're about to lay eggs. Watch out for that. 

On 29/08/2020 at 10:05 PM, Flickatchu said:

It'll take about 2 months before you see the chicks if everything goes right. 

They get territorial and aggressive if they're about to lay eggs. Watch out for that. 

Thanks really appreciative of the help you offer my new babies in hopefully a few months. 

Regards,

Bianco and McGreen