My budgie doesn't looks well.....

Guest free_budgie

Guest free_budgie

One of my bugies looks sick the other one in the cage looks fine its just him he's:

constantly sleeping

we can now touch him before he would be on the other side of the cage (fearless-or maybe lazy)

doesn't play with other bird

doesn't play with toys in cage

keeps eyes closed

doesn't chirp

always puffed up

Can you tell me what is wrong with my bird?

I've had both budgies for one year

Edited by free_budgie
Guest Luckys Gal

Hi free budgie i wish i read this post earlier, my sympathies are going ur way! this has happened to 2 of my budgies and theses things ur budgie was doing is the exact same as my budgies that have died did!

im so so sorry! :D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Guys calm down, have you taken your budgies to the vet then?????

thats what happened to my first :fear , that happend when i just got him for a week!!!!!, but i don't no what happend to him cause mum made me trade him for a new budgie at the petshop, they say that him just caught a cold, but would suggest that i trade himw for a new budgie and let them look after him :( sniff sniff, so if you haven't taken your budgie to the vet if that happens do it NOW. B)

Guest budgieteen

calm down clint!!!(Laughing out loud)!

eggy how come your answer to every question is to take the budgie to the vets? it is not always possible to do that because it can get expensive and not alot of ppl have the money and would prefer to treat the bird them selves.that's why ppl come on here,looking for answers.

Guest budgieteen
maybe its some kindof virse like the bird/chicken flu thingy, have you taken it to the vet yet? :fear  :parrot:

if it was that flu then she would have caught it and so would everybody else in the house.

so are we talking about your budgies or free_budgies?

and why may i suggest the vet is that sometimes you may overlook somethings, but your right it does cost alot, but it can't cost that much, can it, where are you guys in the world?

Guest budgieteen

it cost's alot here in the uk cuz u have to see a special avian vet and there are not alot around.

thats not really the piont though, it is that all you advise is going to the vet! <_<

wow it cost THAT much now way, here in new zealand- my vet, they don't cost that much at all it aroung $20-$45 dollars for mid treatment eg health check, cold.....etc but not quite sure about the biggers ones like operations. i thought it might cost more over seas but not that much B) sorry free_budgie, must havn't read it proply, so sorry about your budgies :(

:fear :parrot:

Guest birdlover12

U guys don't be so rough on her!

Eggy u r right sometimes the vet is a good thing, but that's like for dogs and cats! It's really hard to find avian vets and not all vets are good!!!!!!!!!!

I took my bird to a vet one day, cuz Cucu had a runny nose and was coffing(sorry can't spell) and sneezing alot, but I didn't know what was wrong! So i took him and every time the vet left he would sneeze but when the vet came he would act totally normal! I was so mad, cuz I was worried and then this vet came in who I don't think knew ANYTHING about birds, she started grabbing him by the neck, i think i was more worried about how she held him than what was wrong with Cucu!

Then she said nothing was wrong, gave us 1 medicine, and charged us $65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my budgies died 1/12/04,

Sorry bout your bird, Free_Budgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by birdlover12
Guest birdlover12

B.B.,

my very first budgie :bluebudgie: :(:(:(:(:( !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so hard , especially since I had, had him for a long time!!!!!!!!

I posted on the in memoriam Forums!!!

im sorry about ur budgie, i had a green male budgie when i was really little, that was like 2 that was when i was in China, when i had to come to NZ i gave it to grandma, it died the second day.... :unsure:

:parrot: :blink:

• 2 months later...
Guest mcer58

Hello everyone i am new to this board... I have came seeking for urgent help! my poor budgie, Joey, is, by the looks of it on his last legs. here the prices for a vet are immense and i can not afford it right now (im going through financial problems)

The thing is, Joey seemed to be putting his beak on his back (like birds usually do when they sleep) and falling asleep... So this worried me and so i cleaned all his cage out (i do so twice a month) and gave him fresh millet, seed in his bowl, fresh water (which i give him twice a day), and a Trill toppers treat... he livened up and enjoyed his millet and i thought nothing of it until today when i got home from college (my granddad is in the house most the day but he never noticed him) and found him at the bottom of the cage, which i thought he was dead but he is just down there breathing just not moving... this is hugely strange as he never goes down there... i just dont know what to do but i want him to die comfortably so i will try and give him some water but i think the next time i will be posting on here he may possibly be dead....... this is my first budgie and i feel so upset and guilty because i firstly cant find a Vet, and secondly i cant afford it at all right now...

Thank you for helping me if you can!

and i pray to god that my budgie survives...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hello, im new to this forum.

when my budgies got a cold i give them "nifuramycin-plus. from rohnfreid" for about a week.And it works almoust instantly(2/3days).

Ex:A bag of 5g:

1 budgie- split the 5g in 10 portions, and give im 1 portion per day with his drinking water, fo a week.

5 bugies-split the 5g in 7 portions...

10 budgies -split the 5g 5 portions...

and so on..

I hope that this can help.