I adopted a rescued parakeet for my final member to my flock. I think he's a boy. The indoor avairy he came from was amazing. Beautiful healthy happy birds.

When I brought him home left in the cage across the room so he could see other birds were here. While I was putting away groceries I heard a squawk. Shelfie flew over and attacked him through the cage. You can see the the cuts on his cere. I feel terrible.

I got him out of there right away.

If you have any name ideas let me know. Excuse the poop stuck to his chest, he had a rough day. Thanks, Summer.

bb-1.jpg

bb-2.jpg

bb-3.jpg

bb-4.jpg

bb-5.jpg

Edited by summer

Yes he is a sweet looking little boy :)

He is very cute :)

name suggestions...

cricket

kobi

koki

rascal

mischief

geordie

max

mannix

felix

fritz

I adopted a rescued parakeet for my final member to my flock. I think he's a boy. The indoor avairy he came from was amazing. Beautiful healthy happy birds.

When I brought him home left in the cage across the room so he could see other birds were here. While I was putting away groceries I heard a squawk. Shelfie flew over and attacked him through the cage. You can see the the cuts on his cere. I feel terrible.

I got him out of there right away.

If you have any name ideas let me know. Excuse the poop stuck to his chest, he had a rough day. Thanks, Summer.

bb-5.jpg

I think you could name him "Squawk". I hope he's o.k. that was quite the introduction for him hey!

his (or her??) beak is about as long as Ozzy's. I bought Ozzy a calcium & iodine block to see if that keeps it trim.

No Quarantine???

No Quarantine???

He's in a seperate cage across the room. Well before Shelfie attacked him anyway. :)

No Quarantine???

He's in a seperate cage across the room. Well before Shelfie attacked him anyway. :)

Same room is not quarantine. Different room YES!

Hello and I hope he is okay

He sure is cute. You could call him:

Bubbles

Blueboy

Blueice

Bluicy

No Quarantine???

Same room is not quarantine. Different room YES!

Have to agree here :rofl:

Really??, I thought I read it had to be 5m away?!?

Out side is very different to inside. Many diseases are airborne, therefor 5 metres away outside and 5 metres away inside is very different. Inside, a different room is as good as you can do. You must keep the door closed etc... as we all know how quickly feathers get around a house. Also proper hygiene is needed. Outside 5 metres is okay... the more the better.

Out side is very different to inside. Many diseases are airborne, therefor 5 metres away outside and 5 metres away inside is very different. Inside, a different room is as good as you can do. You must keep the door closed etc... as we all know how quickly feathers get around a house. Also proper hygiene is needed. Outside 5 metres is okay... the more the better.

Humph!! You need a degree to own these birds!! :)

Luckily mine are in different rooms, well over 5m apart, but there is only a door seperating them, which is often opened.

Agree he is male ... agree to have him quarantined in another room

Is that poo on him ???

Humph!! You need a degree to own these birds!! :)

Luckily mine are in different rooms, well over 5m apart, but there is only a door seperating them, which is often opened.

Some people are more careful than others... and most of it is common sense and a bit of knowledge... which you can find here :yuck: . I'd rather be careful than heart broken!

Hi,

We are going with Baby Blue. He's doing well. He's moved from terrified frozen to timidly checking things out. He is in a separate room all the way upstairs.

Thanks for the input.

Summer

Baby Blue is a good name....will it get shortened to BB :blush:

Baby Blue is a good name....will it get shortened to BB :blink:

Oh I like that! Good idea!

Summer