Sign in to follow this  
Guest Budgie Baby

Building Own Nest Boxes

Guest Budgie Baby

I have been busy building nesting boxes this weekend, but am completely stumped on how to add the concave to the bottom of the box. What method and tools do you all use? I would love some advice. :( Please..

Maybe you don't put the concave in and just rely on wood shavings? But what if the bird doesn't like the shavings? Not sure how to proceed.

Edited by Budgie Baby

I use a 100mm flap sanding disk on my 100mm hand grinder.

Works a treat.

Guest Budgie Baby

Thanks Daz,

I'll give it a go. Boxes are coming together nicely now. except for the bottom and working on how to hang them in the avairy so I can easily get them down. Do you place yours on a shelf or hang them in some manner.

:D

Daz doesnt open breed...

He hangs his nest boxes on the FABULOUS breeding cages hes got setup... :)

If i were you, and you were open breeding, i would use hooks and eyes on the walls of the aviary. So, you oculd clip, and unclip them off to wall to get a better veiw of them. Plus, you could put tem randomly in the aviary, instead of putting them all on the same shelf, then fights could occur...Knwo what i mean?

Kirbs :)

I use a shelf, I think it's easier to gently bring the nest box down to check eggs and babes.

Guest Budgie Baby

Thanks Kirby and Budgie Addict, giving both a lot of thought. Still not decided and can't do anything until Friday now because of work commitments. Will post photos when done.