EGGBOUND ?

Guest primemal

Guest primemal

HOW LONG CAN SHE KEEP THE EGG INSIDE HER? I HAVE HER IN A SMALL CAGE WITH HER MATE AND ON THE FIRTS DAYS SHE WAS GOING IN THE NEST THE LADDY THAT SOLD ME THE BIRDS SAID SHE HAD JUST STARDED TO LAY EGGS AND IT WAS EVERY OTHER DAY NOW SHE HAS ONE THATS NOT COMING OUT SHE HAD A STRESSFUL RIDE HOME SINCE I HAD TO DRIVE 2 HRS BACK TO MY HOUSE WHEN I BOUGHT HER COULLD THIS BE Y? OR IS SHE EGG BOUND AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO HELP IM SO WORRIED EVEN THOE IM NOT ATTACH TO HER SINCE I ONLY HAD HER FOR 3 DAYS I DONT LIKE TO LET ANYMALS DIE AND I FEEL SOME HOW IS MY FAULT I SHOULDNT OF BOUGHT HER PREGNANT :bluebudgie:

• Member ID:  70
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  847
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,535
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/09/1969

you dont say if she is distresed if she was egg bound she would be panting on the floor of the cage or in the nest box not moving if she is egg bound i would not expect her to live longer than 24 to 36 hours and certainly not over 48 if she is not distresed then i would think the stress of moving her has stopped her laying

Guest primemal

is that her bottom thoe looks diferent color like right above the vent it looks like you know when u bruise ur self that dark blood color is that normal ?

Edited by primemal

• Member ID:  70
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  847
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,535
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/09/1969

i cant say i have noticed as i dont check the hens that closley after they have layed