• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  817
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,305
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully they'll let you know what comes about. I'm glad that you tried to help.

• Member ID:  1,582
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  7,510
  • Birthday:  13/03/1977

Im still keeping my fingers crossed in hope that they actually do something about it and not just make a house call and say "Oh Well, we looked" :unsure:

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Any new Budgiebird from the RSPCA?

I will phone them later today and see if they will tell me anything. Cheers Kaz

:D The SPCA here has been granted greater powers but not enough, carry on!! I always turn the page when I am reading the newspaper and read about puppy mills, etc. It is just so sad. There was even a case of poor monkeys here that was front page and center, good! The government should really mandate the import of certain exotic animals, especially monkeys and reptiles. The pet stores here sell lizards, snakes, turtles etc. that keep getting bigger until they are finally dumped at a Reptile Refuge. Considered throwaway pets, just like birds. :D

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

until they are finally dumped at a Reptile Refuge

That is if they are lucky, many just get dumped in the local rivers and creeks which mess things up even more.

I sitll have my fingers crossed for these guys. Over near me I know of only one RSPCA pound that looks after birds and rehomes them.

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

my opinion it should be illegal to import these exotics many of them are taken from the wild in the original country, and that in my mind is WRONG! Just my 2 cents worth..

I do hope they will do something about this breeder, you can always keep on it and take it to a T.V. station is nothing is done.

This man wouldn't happen to be in the melville area? Joanne and I from the ARC visited a man in Melville near the corner of Leach highway and Carrington Street and he had lots of birds but I wouldn't have counted a hundred and they were all kept in cages stacked on top of each other in a shed and he lived in a complex of small units and not one single person had complained...We were appalled and told him so...he was very aggresive and rude....We left and and called the RSPCA and got them to meet us back there along with Karen from the ARC who is a calm officer and her hubby who's a Ranger as well as the police to let him know we were going to charge him for threatening us....He probably wished he had never met us :) :).....It wouldn't have been him because he was weel and truly taken care of and if I ever drive past and hear chirping from his house he will be in serious trouble!!!

The only way to make a difference and help these animals that are being abused is to stand up and with a big loud voice tell people that it's not good enough and will not be tolerated anymore! Chase this up because sometimes the RSPCA has their hands full and whilst they do a marvelous job they are soooo very busy and sometimes need to be reminded.....Good on you for reporting this........it's the only way to change things for the better! :)

This man wouldn't happen to be in the melville area? Joanne and I from the ARC visited a man in Melville near the corner of Leach highway and Carrington Street and he had lots of birds but I wouldn't have counted a hundred and they were all kept in cages stacked on top of each other in a shed and he lived in a complex of small units and not one single person had complained...We were appalled and told him so...he was very aggresive and rude....We left and and called the RSPCA and got them to meet us back there along with Karen from the ARC who is a calm officer and her hubby who's a Ranger as well as the police to let him know we were going to charge him for threatening us....He probably wished he had never met us :) :).....It wouldn't have been him because he was weel and truly taken care of and if I ever drive past and hear chirping from his house he will be in serious trouble!!!

The only way to make a difference and help these animals that are being abused is to stand up and with a big loud voice tell people that it's not good enough and will not be tolerated anymore! Chase this up because sometimes the RSPCA has their hands full and whilst they do a marvelous job they are soooo very busy and sometimes need to be reminded.....Good on you for reporting this........it's the only way to change things for the better! :)

This man lives in Beechboro....he advertises in the quokka and puts that he has 20 baby budgies for sale each week but has and sells more. In the quokka you are only allowed to say 20 of anything or you have to pay for the add usually. I will try and get in touch with the RSPCA officer today and see if they tell me what happened. I will look out for his ad in the quokka again out on Thursday to see if he is still trading. He has his birds in large aviaries so they are not exactly cramped (they would have been when there was 200 more budgies in there like there was ) but in those areas are large parrots as well and all the nesting boxes. But diseased birds all in together, along with rats and mice.

Edited by budgiebird

Maybe if he is still advertising, get in contact with http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/contact and get them to do a story on what a mongrel he is :glare: :hap:

Any News Yet? :D

Any News Yet? :D

Not yet. Will try again today to find out :)

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Maybe if he is still advertising, get in contact with http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/contact and get them to do a story on what a mongrel he is :ausb: :D

I've been trying to get them to do a story for me regarding women's prtection in society and can't get past the front door..... If they don't care about women's rights they won't go for the protection of birds.

I have the support of the Queensland Police in regards to the women's rights and they still didn't care enough to meet me... :budgiedance:

Udate to this story. I have contacted the RSPCA. They have visited the premises. No birds were removed. They were satisfied with ....food supply, size of avairy and water supply. At the time of the visit only 2 remaining birds showing obvious signs of severe scaly face ( all others gone...where I dont know :budgiedance: ) . The man was advised to remove all diseased birds which he said he'd do but the RSPCA officer said he made no attempt to do while she was there. She spoke to him at length regarding treatments needed for diseased birds and she feels he took it under advisement. Also feels he got a fright by the visit, was very edgy and cagey re conversation. Said he's been doing this for many years and had no problems ?! Also, no signs of the mice and rats that were there mid afternoon of our visit. Seems like another toothless tiger story................ :ausb:

Edited by budgiebird

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Udate to this story. I have contacted the RSPCA. They have visited the premises. No birds were removed. They were satisfied with ....food supply, size of avairy and water supply. At the time of the visit only 2 remaining birds showing obvious signs of severe scaly face ( all others gone...where I dont know :D )

Probibly sold as he didn't know they were coming.... :budgiedance:

. The man was advised to remove all diseased birds which he said he'd do but the RSPCA officer said he made no attempt to do while she was there. She spoke to him at length regarding treatments needed for diseased birds and she feels he took it under advisement. Also feels he got a fright by the visit, was very edgy and cagey re conversation. Said he's been doing this for many years and had no problems ?!

He hadn't got caught before :ausb:

Also, no signs of the mice and rats that were there mid afternoon of our visit. Seems like another toothless tiger story................ :(

Seems like it to me..... I hope they will do a followup in the next few weeks...

Udate to this story. I have contacted the RSPCA. They have visited the premises. No birds were removed. They were satisfied with ....food supply, size of avairy and water supply. At the time of the visit only 2 remaining birds showing obvious signs of severe scaly face ( all others gone...where I dont know :D )

Probibly sold as he didn't know they were coming.... :budgiedance:

. The man was advised to remove all diseased birds which he said he'd do but the RSPCA officer said he made no attempt to do while she was there. She spoke to him at length regarding treatments needed for diseased birds and she feels he took it under advisement. Also feels he got a fright by the visit, was very edgy and cagey re conversation. Said he's been doing this for many years and had no problems ?!

He hadn't got caught before :ausb:

Also, no signs of the mice and rats that were there mid afternoon of our visit. Seems like another toothless tiger story................ :(

Seems like it to me..... I hope they will do a followup in the next few weeks...

Should have mentioned also ....she said they would visit him again unannounced when in the area....will follow up.

I hope they will do a followup in the next few weeks

Me too. Keep in mind you did the right thing. This guy will be on their list now and if they get more calls about him they will have a better change of getting the birds away form him.

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

I was just sick when I read your first post. That is appalling.

Good for you for contacting the proper authorities. I do feel sorry for the person that bought 200 (probably) diseased birds as a "business venture". Or not.

Guest Kisses Birds

Does anyone know what we have in America to report such things to? I called a vet once to ask, and they weren't too specific. I'm talking phone numbers here. How do I get something done?

-_-

I don't know PM eterri she might have an idea for you.

The only thing I could think off was the shelters in your area, might be able to help tell you who to call.

Humane societies, SPCA's, animals shelters, and when all else fails, just call the police. Some states have specific laws for pet stores, some don't. But either way someone should do something for you if you call. Even in my horrid little animal-abusing town the humane society reponded well when I let them know that a pet store was neglecting its birds. I never got an update on the situation but I know that they went to check it out at the very least.

This is a very good website that goes over things you can do as far as avian welfare goes. http://www.avianwelfare.org/action/petstorewatch/

• 2 months later...

I posted a concern previously about concern re a backyard breeder

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....wtopic=8243&hl=

I am happy to report all has changed since the RSPCA visit...........just healthy happy birds now, no disease, no overcrowding and all is well. :hap:

• Member ID:  2,155
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840

Hey that's great to hear!! I'm glad that it's worked out good for the bird's sake!! :hap: good job budgiebird!!!

:hap: Great Job Budgiebird :D :angel1: