• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  145
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

my two budgies are called butch (the male) cause the night before i got him i was thinking and the name poped to my head and bubbii because she is like a babe and sooks when she dosent get it her way

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  3,708
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,285

Some of my birds have Japanese names (my hubby loves anime cartoons). Others are named for their stature in my show breeding, and others for their color or behavior.

The Japanese Names:

Roka - "White Crest of a Wave" (double factor dom pied blue, so mostly a white bird)

Tenjin - "God of Learning" (this bird is very smart and adapts well, always learning)

Yoshe - "Lovely" (this is my first violet budgie, and for a pet variety has nice color/markings)

Tori - "Bird" (she was my first tame budgie and has alot of personality)

Kenja - "Wiseman or Sage" (he looked like a pudgie budda when I got him, and Budda is wise!)

Yuki - "Snow" (he's a blue greywing with very light coloring and almost looks like snow)

Others:

Bambi - she's the aviary hussy, and has a stripper name picked out by my husband (Laughing out loud)

Lilly - She's as pretty as a Lily, my little violet. She's my most tame and gets extra attention.

Devin - Gaelic for "bard/poet", he's very vocal and sings alot

Duke - has great deportment and looks royal

Duchess - she's my first spangle and the "mother" of my future spangle line

Dusk - He's grey and reminds me of the evening dusky grey sky

Dawn - She's my first goldenface cobalt, and reminds me of the sun in the dawn of morning

Zeus - one of my best quality show birds and hopefully the sire of future champions

Hera - my georgous cinnamon show bird who was purchased with Zeus, she's a goddess too!

Tinsel - my first banded chick who was born on christmas day, The name was gender neutral and reminded me of tinsel on the christmas tree with the violet sky pin feathers.

Aster - he's a violet spangle and reminded me of a purple aster in bloom

Saphire - a nice cobalt hen, named for color

Rowan - this is the rare brownwing that I'm trying to test breed and reproduce, brown like a tree

• Member ID:  3,977
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Achievement Points:  230
  • Birthday:  03/11/1974

My three year old daughter came up with ColourAnn Chipalator for her fisrt budgie- how she came up with that i will never know. Bluebell.Sugar and Angel I named. Angel though is certainly no angel, but her beautiful white wings earnt her the name. Bluey cause it is her dominent colour, and Sugar cause he really is sweet.

Edited by suzii

• Member ID:  3,988
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  1,905
  • Birthday:  20/11/1993

My Budgie Petie was just quite simply named that becoz i thought of it :budgiedance:

Bella because when i first saw her i said OH SHES BEAUTIFUL - hence bella :hap: :parrot:

• Member ID:  2,618
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  94
  • Achievement Points:  795

Scooter - Just kinda popped in my head and I thought it fit his personality

Bella - Kinda came about because of her mauve color. I thought of Bluebell and Bella came from that. I also like that it is italian for "beautiful."

Sweeney - Came from my obsession with Sweeney Todd :(Laughing out loud):

• Member ID:  3,966
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  49
  • Achievement Points:  355
  • Birthday:  30/07/1982

Banjo the galah, cause I wanted an Aussie name for an Aussie bird

Cookie the tiel, (boy) not sure exactly why but it just seems to suit him

Buddy the tiel (originally thought Buddy was a boy) and was always saying come here Buddy so it stuck

Kaluah (female budgie) I like Kaluah and it really suits her

Bailey (male budgie) I like Baileys too so thats the reason behind their names.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  3,449
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  987
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  5,965

Hi All

My newest bugies are

Pepper

Buleberry

Kissy

Cream puff

opal

Cloudy

• Member ID:  3,618
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  228
  • Achievement Points:  1,715
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Sherbet l chose because l had a current addiction to Wizz Fizz at the time - its that Sherbet in a pack with the little spoon and you lick it and you eat the sherbet :P

Then Fizzy was named pretty much after the Fizz part of Wizz Fizz.

• Member ID:  4,089
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  28
  • Achievement Points:  225
  • Birthday:  17/01/1968

Missy ... I loved Wizz-Fizz's too. Although I have to admit, I had one a couple of months ago (out of a lolly bag my daughter got at a birthday party) and I was really disappointed. I hadn't had one for quite a few years and seem to remember they were a lot tangier back then.

Anyway, back to the subject, Danielle had originally come up with a name "tinkerbelle-rainbow-sky" - I convinced her it was not a great name for a boy bird (assuming Benny is...) so she decided on Benny after Benjamin who is a boy in her class at school she has a little crush on (She is 5 years old...) The other bird "Charlie" was named after Charlie & Chocolate factory - one of Danielle's favourite movies. She must think he scored a "golden ticket" coming to live with us....

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2,476
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  607
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  4,290
  • Birthday:  28/02/1987

Milly is short for Millet - I thought it was a cute name for a budgie. Also, for me, Milly conjures up an image of a petite, well-mannered young lady, and well that's just how Milly turned out!

"Squee!" is the first thing I said when I saw the little bub! A sort of excited squeal from cute overload. It is also a bit of a tribute to the comic book Squee which was written by one of my favourite artists and writer of my favourite show. I am forever saying "Squee!" at her, a combination of calling to her and well just from the cute.

My other budgies were basically tributes to tv shows - Nibbler (Futurama) and Buffy (I'm sure you can work this one out).

Does anyone else come up with variations on their names very often? Like sometimes I use Squee-da and Squee-squee, or Millah and Millton. I'm not sure why!

• Member ID:  3,618
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  228
  • Achievement Points:  1,715
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Missy ... I loved Wizz-Fizz's too. Although I have to admit, I had one a couple of months ago (out of a lolly bag my daughter got at a birthday party) and I was really disappointed. I hadn't had one for quite a few years and seem to remember they were a lot tangier back then.Anyway, back to the subject, Danielle had originally come up with a name "tinkerbelle-rainbow-sky" - I convinced her it was not a great name for a boy bird (assuming Benny is...) so she decided on Benny after Benjamin who is a boy in her class at school she has a little crush on (She is 5 years old...) The other bird "Charlie" was named after Charlie & Chocolate factory - one of Danielle's favourite movies. She must think he scored a "golden ticket" coming to live with us....
I have to agree with the Wizz Fizz's, but then again the last time l had them before recently, l was a lot younger and the fizz seemed to be so fizzy!
Does anyone else come up with variations on their names very often? Like sometimes I use Squee-da and Squee-squee, or Millah and Millton. I'm not sure why!
Haha, all the time, sherbie, fizz-butt, fizzbot :PI have a cat called Milly (l named her because l found her as a kitten on a construction site on a street called Military Road) and we call her the following:Darling, Sweetie (which is said at high pitch and she gets all excited and runs everywhere), Drama Queen, Puddin' (Pudding, cause she's chubby) and Tubby.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

Haha, all the time, sherbie, fizz-butt, fizzbot :PI have a cat called Milly (l named her because l found her as a kitten on a construction site on a street called Military Road) and we call her the following:Darling, Sweetie (which is said at high pitch and she gets all excited and runs everywhere), Drama Queen, Puddin' (Pudding, cause she's chubby) and Tubby.

l do that all the time too, l call Hobbes, hobbie bobbie, hobbit :budgiedance:

• Member ID:  4,211
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Achievement Points:  170

Jack: 'Cause it just popped into my head.

Squishy: My sisters idea

Guest Keisha

well once my chick is born, i'm gonna name him kalen :budgiedance: i was originally gonna name him kellen, but Phoebe came with the great name kalen, after kalen porter from canadian idol :D

• Member ID:  3,988
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  289
  • Achievement Points:  1,905
  • Birthday:  20/11/1993

Petie: It was always between Pete,Peter and Petie! Petie just sounds cuter (nick names: Pootie, Pooh head.

Bella: she was an early chrissie present and after nagging my mum for months when i finally got to see her I squeeled "SHES SO BEAUTIFUL" hence Bella meaning Beautiful. (nicknames: Smella, B!atch, Bell.

Elvis: after talking about my Grand-dad for some reason when we got in the car Elvis kinda just popped into my head as if granddad was there with us!! (he was a fanatical elvis fan) (Nicknames: Pelvis and Baby

Zeus: Zeus...well his name was completely random...he is a god at heart i guess :budgiedance: (Nicknames: Zeusy Goosey.

Dottie: Dottie...I like my names to be "original" but her throat spots just ....hypnotised me! (Nicknames: Dot, Bouffa, gorgeous girl.

Edited by Indz♥