Budgie names

Guest kyliepops

Guest kyliepops

Hi All

Everyones budgies have such lovely names! How/why did you chose them?

To start the post off...

Kylie was named that because my husband told me I could only get a budgie if I called it Kylie, named after the pop star. It really suits her now! She also gets called Kyliepops, the pops and bob-bob kylie (because she bobs a lot when she is happy!!!) :parrot:

Tracey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdie2008

Hmm, I name mine whatever pops into my head. I saw a picture in a book of a bird that looks similar to Libbi. When I went to buy my budgie, I bought one that looked like the one in the book, and named her Libbi. Peati already was named when I bought him, and Ami also popped into my head. I get ideas from other bird owners too(Oh, Logan, I like that name)If I ever get another budgie, its name will be whatever cames into my head when I get him.

Guest AndrueC
Hi All

Everyones budgies have such lovely names!? How/why did you chose them?

To start the post off...

Kylie was named that because my husband told me I could only get a budgie if I called it Kylie, named after the pop star.? It really suits her now!? She also gets called Kyliepops, the pops and bob-bob kylie (because she bobs a lot when she is happy!!!) :parrot:

Tracey

Beekle was named after a minor character in the Terry Pratchett novel 'Eric':

I've put the relevant bit of humorous text on my web site. Don't worry if you've heard rumours about his work. Most of it is quite acceptable to children and there's nothing in that text that would offend :D

Beekle's story

Edited by AndrueC

Scruffy was so named because he was so poorly when I adopted him, and I forgot what he and his girlfriend (who died shortly after I got them) were called. Not long after I got Gypsy, I was reminded that Scruffy and his girlfriend were originally called Gypsy and Joker, so I thought I would call her Gypsy, although Scruffy suits him, so he stayed that.

My tiel, Dagbag, got called that because when I first rescued him, I put his tiny cage in the aviary and left the door open. A week later, he was still sitting in his cage - he was too scared to go into the larger space of the aviary! What a dag!

we had sunny first... i sat down with my then just turn 2 yr old and we were calling out names we though was good... he was saying BOB (bob the builder who was his favourite thing then, every pet we had was being called bob from him) and a few other random names... half of which he couldnt even say... then i said sunny and my son thought that was a good name ! and he could say it too....(Laughing out loud)

then came twee-tweet nearly a year later.... my son just decided to call him twee-tweet the day after we got him... trying to talk to him... so the name stuck... eventhough i wanted to call him gorge.... but tweet-tweet it stayed....

(found out yesterday tweet-tweet is actually a she ) hehehe

Guest potter

My little Cha Pou is a direct translation from "trouble" because she is really cheeky and causes alot of trouble :) We didn't want to name her trouble directly so call her Cha Pou instead.

Guest telmadee

we let our 03 year old name most of our pets, hence the name pingu for a fish (Laughing out loud) which any one with small kids willno pingu is a penguin, but he was adamant that was a 'great' name his exact words were we'll call it pingu cos its great and its so cute (Laughing out loud).......kids dont you just love em (Laughing out loud)[/color], my first two chicks to hatch though will be called Albert after our 89 year old neighbour, and Jess after my internet friend in china :)

• Member ID:  860
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

Blinkie- he blinked at me with one eye all the time as a baby

Pickle and Gherkin- they're green and i got them at the same time

Lemon and Lime- yellow and green

Most of the others are just random names that popped into my head...how else would i have names like Razzo? :)

Guest Hillarious

I was thinking forever for names for my first budgie, and finally I just asked my dads wife for a name and she said "Ivan" I thought it was wierd but then my brother said "it reminds me of an angry Russian guy!" So since Ivan is always making angry noises all day I thought it would fit!

With my tiel...well I always wanted to have a Jack Russel Terrier and name him "Milo" off the dog on the Mask, but I won't be able to get a dog until after college (8 years!) So I picked Milo for my tiel!

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

Freckle got named that after a few tested out names for about two weeks which i've forgotten now :) But she got that since she had a spot on the back of her head (which I now know is a pied spot)

Pie got that the first time I saw him :blink: And after that I just had to get him so asked to buy him from my teacher (tafe) which she was happy to do :D

There Kids got names to be a gobal theme becuase folks on this site helped me out so much while they were growing up

Marine got his name for his lovely dark blue body pritty simply really.

Ringo was named so becuase she had a ringo of yellow around her head where there should have been bars in a normal bird

Connie is short of Continenal Lace Something that just came to me and I couldn't let go, even justed just leaving it at Lacey but it wasn't right.

Bo Jangles was a play on Spangles with the wings and sometime he stands like he has bowed legs like a cowboy.

Tootie Fruity- Not sure how I got the idea but once I had thought it, it suited her. One because from day one she had been singing out to the others and two she has the yellow of a banana and then green of a honeydew on her back and watermelon look on her wings.

Boy am I going to have fun with the next round of names :P

• Member ID:  875
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  826
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  7,200
  • Birthday:  15/01/1976

Candy - easy because he was good enough to eat!

Bobby - because he head bobs a lot.

Patty - I have always had some sort of pet named Patty so thats why!

Georgy - because its cute and so is he!

Maxwell - it suits him.

Tobi - was originally Toby because its a baby boys name but he turned out to be a she so we swapped the Y for an I.

Charlie - simply because...!

• Member ID:  117
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  4,380
  • Birthday:  15/06/1962

With my budgie 'Teapot' I just looked at him and thought ''Im going to call him Teapot!'' I have NO idea why other than it just seemed so cute and different and it suited him, (Laughing out loud)!

Snowy was a rescue, already named.

Queenie (galah cockatoo) another rescue, already named.

Albert, the desperately sick little budgie I took in had no name, he was almost dead, and had seemingly nothing going for him, the least I could do was give him the dignity of a name. So I chose what I felt was a very dignified name, ALBERT.

Pippa and Penny the two cockatiels I rescued recently were already named.

Beefur, my latest rescue, well, I couldnt find a name that suited him, so I thought until i find the perfect name, i shall call you BFor as in B for budgie. Then I realised I HAD fund the perfect name for him, BEEFUR! :(Laughing out loud):

I like that Chirpy! Beefur!

Mine are soooo boring really!

Budgy2 named after our first budgie,Budgy!

Birdy to go with Budgy!

Sherbet because he reminded me of a sherbet lemon. He was going to be called Ignatius before I got him after my grandads middle name but Sherbet just sprung into my mind when I saw him.

Julie

I'm glad you called him Sherbet!! Ignatius is too long a name for a little budgie! :wub:

Of course! I just think budgies should have nice short names. :wub:

Guest Sparky

Well I was going to origonaly name Sparky Sky because of his colours but I decided to name him after Sparkie Williams which was the budgie with the most vocab. :bb:

Guest BudgieBite

My budgie is called Louey after lou Reed, we travelling back in the car with him and he started tweeting to a Lou reed song!

I've also had budgies (my ex has them now) called Lemon pie- cause she had a yellow face. Scrabble - because he was scrabbling around in the box trying to get out when we bought him but was also known as squadron leader!! And Sweetness who was anything but. though in the pet shop she was trying to climb onto my finger when i stuck it in the cage and i thought that was sweet!

When i was a kid had budgies called tweety Pie (very obvious) and Ben (again obvious) my parents had no imagination!!

Guest BUUZBEE

Good Topic!

We started out with 2 budgies, my daughter named them Mickey & Minnie, and from there on, we got Donald & Daisy, Sylvester & Tweety, Popeye & Olive. Then came their babies....

Bubbles, Buttercup, Blossom, Huey, Duey, Luey, and I got to name 2, Salsa & Tango!

I called my budgie Gillan because he is a violet budgie, so I thought he'd need a 'purple' type name. Gillan is after Ian Gillan who used to sing for Deep Purple!!

Tenous link, I know.

My budgie is called pip pip because she makes the the sound pip pip, then i had a budgie called larrie but she turn out to be a girl. one called baby because i hand reared him.

I named Peekaboo after the famous skiier Picabo Street, because I really love skiing and I've always loved that name. I've always thought the name Skylar was really nice for a boy bird. But for some reason I can't picture naming, say, a dog or cat that. It just wouldn't fit. So I waited until I had a male budgie to use the name :D

I have a thing with unique names. I could never, ever name a pet something common like "fluffy" or "tweety" or "spots" etc. Those names make me cringe. I think giving a pet a more unique name makes it seem special in some way. I'm very picky about names, (Laughing out loud). Even for kids! I already have names picked out for my future children! :D

PS- I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the names above, for someone else to name their pet, I just couldn't use them, that's all.