gone

hath

Guest pixie25

a similar thing happened to a retired man in my area recently. it is awful that people can do such a thing. the story was on the local news and in the local paper, so chirpy is right - you should tell them to get the best chances of catching who did this. the publicity may help as neighbours may have seen something - passers by may have seen people acting suspiciously.

i am so very sorry to have to read this post, what an awful thing to have to go through. i hope you are okay and taking time to come to terms with what has happened, we can all understand how upset you must be right now and that you may not want to talk about it, but we are certainly all here for your support.

take care of yourself hath,

pixie25

Guest cockabudgie

im very sorry to hear about your loss hath

(((good vibes your way)))

im sure you are very upset and i wish you alot of love and support from all if us here x-x

• Member ID:  70
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  847
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,535
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/09/1969

thanks for all your support,it would seem it was not just kids as mine is the second show stud to be targeted most of the birds taken were hens and my best cock birds but why did they have to do that to the rest or the nests. i do have some birds left at my fathers but these are the older birds that i retired from my breeding programme and although they could breed them i wont as it causes (in my opinion) to many problems. i still havnt made up my mind whether to start again yet as it is to painfull to think about but my wife is nagging me up the wall strat again we will just have ti wait and see

Guest Trikkivix
thanks for all your support,it would seem it was not just kids as mine is the second show stud to be targeted most of the birds taken were hens and my best cock birds but why did they have to do that to the rest or the nests. i do have some birds left at my fathers but these are the older birds that i retired from my breeding programme and although they could breed them i wont as it causes (in my opinion) to many problems. i still havnt made up my mind whether to start again yet as it is to painfull to think about but my wife is nagging me up the wall  strat again we will just have ti wait and see

Hi Hath

It is good to hear from you albeit not in the nicest circumstances.. I have had you on my mind since your last post...

I think as for you starting again..that is something only you know if you can do but what else can you fill your time with...??? As Daz said he regretted not starting again..maybe if only in a small way next time , not on the scale you did before......

I do hope in time your hurt will heal..I just hope they are caught and named..!!!

Good luck and best wishes

Vicki

xxx :P

Guest Cindy

Hath, have you heard anything about the birds yet? I hope they (The theives)

get caught and your birds are found safe and well.

Cindy

Guest leonie
:D Oh Hath, my heart goes out to you. Like everybody else, I just don't know what to say about what happened. Sometimes I despair of the world we live in, and then I read the posts offering support, and think that maybe there is hope after all. Please don't give up, we (and budgies) need people like you. :mellow:

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Hath

I have gone out and bought locks for all the cages but i think it will only keep out the honest people.

Hope you do decide to start again and not to regret not doing it later.

it would appear the wifes nagging is getting the better of me and am starting to give it some thought

• Member ID:  117
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  4,380
  • Birthday:  15/06/1962

Hath!!!! That is the best thing ive read on this forum since time began! Im on a visit to a champion breeders aviary tomorrow, I shall be thinking of you now, and will enjoy it all the more! God bless your wife for fetching towards the surface whats really in your heart! I could HUG her!

Anne

with warmth and blessings

Guest pixie25

i dont think i can put it a better way than chirpy already has, i am glad you would like to start over. :wacko: im really happy for you, i think it will do you a lot of good and the budgies will find a fantastic home with you and your wife.

Well Chirpy, That says it for me. Good Going Hath, Best of Aussie luck.

Guest sonick

Well, it's official. Hath is beginning his flock anew! How do I know ? Anyone that goes from "I don't know if I'll be back on the forum ever again" to "my wife's insistence is getting in my head", WILL be back :( I'd put a whole lotta money on it! Yeah, I'm very sorry about what happened though Hath, I just now saw this as I've been inundated and unable to participate for a while. That said, I truly think it would be TERRIBLY unfulfilling to allow someone else to dictate when YOU decide to retire from the flock. That's YOUR decision, NOT theirs. One other thing...... I hope whoever did that to these animals gets.... bah this is a family oriented forum, I can't even go there. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will begin anew, and soon! :D

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

Glad to hear it , hath. Hooray for your wife!

yea quite a worry considering she use to complain i spent more time with them then i did with her :blink:

Guest Trikkivix
yea quite a worry considering she use to complain i spent more time with them then i did with her  :blink:

You should know by now Hath...Women are not designed to be understood just obeyed !!rofl5.gif

Well I think my wife agrees with you....but I don't know why kickbut.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Hillarious

Hello I know this is an older post but I saw a link to it on another post and I was wondering how Hath is doing and wether or not he has let his wife convince him...Oh I really hope so...andI hope everything is going okay...