• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  645
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone.

I have looked up ALL different websites about the general wellbeing of budgies. I have always wondered why breeders (and most people that own budgies) use pellets as a part of their budgies diet, Now that I am older I finaly understand( seed contains alot of fat and not enough nutrition and this shortens your budgies life). I have always fed my budgies MOSTLY seed and 1-2 a fortnight they get corn and carott,grass,celery etc. I looked on a few websites and it had the corret amounts to feed a budgie (30% pellets,20% seed etc.) I can not find this anymore and I can't find it on the FAQs. I was wondering if anyone had any "feeding ruteen" or some website that could explain What to feed and how much to feed?

Thanks Clancy

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

"Breeders" and most people dont feed pellets. Most breeders feed seed and extras like vegies, and additional seeds. Its people who get told by their vets to feed pellets, on the most part, that end up giving their budgies pellets. Read the topics in our food and nutrition forum on pellets and make an informed decision.

I disagree with the theory that seed diets are fatty etc..............its all down to balance...........you need to feed the extras. Most vets assume people just feed seed and water and therefore promote pellets.........the fact the the pellet producers give them bonuses to promote their product also has a little to do with it.

Edited by **KAZ**

• Member ID:  4,706
  • Followers:  0

Oh okay :huh: hmmm........... What do you feed your budgies? and how much do you feed fruit, veg and extras?

"Breeders" and most people dont feed pellets. Most breeders feed seed and extras like vegies, and additional seeds. Its people who get told by their vets to feed pellets, on the most part, that end up giving their budgies pellets. Read the topics in our food and nutrition forum on pellets and make an informed decision.

I disagree with the theory that seed diets are fatty etc..............its all down to balance...........you need to feed the extras. Most vets assume people just feed seed and water and therefore promote pellets.........the fact the the pellet producers give them bonuses to promote their product also has a little to do with it.

• Member ID:  4,288
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,300
  • Birthday:  11/09/1991

I give the extras (fruit, veg, herbs) Mon - Fri and my own grain mix with egg and bisucit Sat and Sun. So they get extras every day. They have seed available 24/7

• Member ID:  4,706

okay thanks :)

I give the extras (fruit, veg, herbs) Mon - Fri and my own grain mix with egg and bisucit Sat and Sun. So they get extras every day. They have seed available 24/7