• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  462
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

I have lost my little female budgie named Beanie. It was my fault as I didn't close our front door properly and since it was windy here yesterday, the front door blew open. Both she and another male flew out. I got the my male back easily, however she was not with him and I am beside myself with guilt, and fear for her safety - it's so cold now.

This happened yesterday afternoon about 2pm. I left the light on last night and have left her cage where it's visible and am playing recordings of budgies so she might be able to hear and come back. I am also going to distribute some flyers. There is a small aviary up the road and I will go and see the owners asap, (they haven't been home as yet).

Beanie is a yellow face, double factor dominant pied, nearly 3 years old. She is much loved but still very flightly/timid. She loves her cage and mirrors , so if someone did see her and wanted to lure her down a mirror could help with that.

I am just waiting to see if she will come back or be found. At the very least I hope she has gone down to someone's house and they have taken her in.

Beanie.jpg

• Member ID:  6,577
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  750

Sorry to hear, Penny. I really hope you get little Beanie back. Do you have a daily paper in your area you can advertise in? Fingers crossed for you.

• Member ID:  4,757
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  462
  • Device:  Windows

I have put up 15 posters around my area and am about to put out the last of 165 flyers (in letter boxes). I will also, as suggested by Hezz, put a lost and found advert in this weeks local paper. There is nothing else I can do, only wait and hope that she has been lucky enough to have been caught by someone. To be honest I am not that hopeful as she is pretty timid and has been gone for 24 hours now in cold weather, she's also in the middle of a moult, which knocks her around a bit in itself.

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Put notices anywhere that sells bird food,..............pet stores, pet and garden centres etc. The first thing people do when they catch someones bird is go to get it some food.

Notices also at vets, with the RSPCA too. We once lost a princess parrot on a friday and got it back on the monday by leaving word with the rspca.

Edited by **KAZ**