• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

I know what you are saying, GB. A few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch.

I joined a dog obedience club several years ago, and it was a very similar experience. There were always a few who complained a lot, and who back bit each other. And there would be divisions between factions, whether you were "in" with one person, or "in" with the other. Was very difficult to be friends with people from both groups.

But that was just a part of the experience. The rest, the good part, really outweighed the bad, and made it all worthwhile. There were enough kind hearted people who didn't join in the bickering, and who were good mentors. And I met one of my best friends ever there. Plus, my daughters and I got involved in a sport/hobby where we could learn together and spend many hours bonding with each other.

But it takes learning and practice to be able to get past the down-heartening aspects, and to grow a thick skin, in order to ignore the bad, and still enjoy the good.

I hope there will be someone encouraging to come along side you and lift your spirits. :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Finnie I concur!

Having been in horses, dogs and budgies as well as a number of sporting clubs over my time, I've come to the conclusion that people are people wherever they are and whatever they do. Unfortunately there are those that make themselves feel good by climbing to the top of whatever arena they are in by ******** all over everyone else. Whatever method that gets them there is okay by them. Unfortunately some of us just want to enjoy ourselves and these cretins just make the whole thing unpleasant for others. I get a little bit of amusement from these "big fish in tiny little ponds" (and let's be honest - how tiny is the budgie world pond) pounding their chests, making new rules and generally behaving like the budgie hobby is politics on a world scale - OMG how pathetic!

I initially thought bunches of women were the worst (horse and dog club experience speaking here) but after seeing how pedantic, bitchy and completely an@l many men in the budgie clubs are I've come to the conclusion that it's just how many people are.

I'm all right Jack, stuff the rest of you.

Our trick in life is to spend our valuable time and effort with people we care for and who care for us and not waste it on W.O.A.'s (waste of air's) who don't care about anyone or anything except their own selves. Sometimes picking them for what they really are is a bit difficult but that's not your fault that's them just putting on their nice front until they can't hide the fact that they are @rseholes anymore.

As Finnie says just ignore the w@nkers and enjoy the company of the genuinely nice people! There are some out there...... somewhere ;)

Oh and you are not allowed to stop updating this thread either. Everyone is really enjoying your descriptions and details of your experiences!

Edited by nubbly5

• Member ID:  5,779
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  497
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3,455
  • Birthday:  07/08/1989

From reading all these bad experiences from clubs I am so glad and happy that mine is nothing like that.

For instance, today the club went out for an activity together (nothing to do with budgies) and then joined together for a bbq lunch and budgie chat.

It was a learning experience as well as a fun one.

I really find myself grateful that I haven't come across any of these bad apples...but I know the people you are talking about.

They take the 'competition' side of things way to seriously, and if they don't win they take it personally.

They don't care who's days they ruin by b******g to everyone about how their lives are bad and horrible and taking it out on everyone around them when things don't go their way (basically, a child tantrum)

When I know people who have it a lot worse or harder that walk out of the house every day with a smile on their face, no matter how cloudy.

They are the glass half empty kind of people.

You just need to be a glass half full person GB and do whatever you want to do, ignoring what everyone else around you wants :)

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

well nubbly

im doing my best but being very sensitive to emotions i do have to pull away some times or i find myself falling as i cant see how others can be so mean in nasty and competitive to point it consumes them

as for my thread i will get back on rack soon

however my personal life is in bit dismay still my son my nanna my dear friend all need me moe right now

i did lose my beautiful opaline light green/lw boy today im very sad to say

he left to four different hens over the just under two years ive had him

one) a clutch of 6 three lw hens one passed three normal cocks all culled

two)a Opaline light green hen his first chick / blue

three )a light green /blue cock

four ) a lacwing cock and a grey green cock

his hen was on 5 eggs so i moved eggs and took nest away left her alone for a while

last breeding was 100 percent gng breeding the lacewing cock n grey green so i have a good little off set of his blood to work with well

i loved him so much :( he seemed fine to just was dead not thin no dirty bum colour vibrent he was so churpy yesterday but gone this morning :(

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators

I'm so sorry to hear that, GB. :(15pxyellow_hug.gif

• Member ID:  5,023
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,608
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  8,635

Bummer but it's going to happen. Lucky you've got a good lot of his genetics to play with now!

• Member ID:  5,913
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,045
  • Birthday:  08/05/1969

GB it can be very tuff mixing with people with different personalities.

I for one do not mix with the so called big wigs, as I refuse to stroke there egos.

Loosing a good bird is never fun and it makes you think what's the point of this show bird stuff, but just around the corner a cracker is hatchingsmile.gif we all need hope thats what keeps us going.

It's my faith in God that keeps me going not people, because people have always let me down and always will.

yes its hard losing good bird

but i will achieve with his chicks something to make him proud

as for my faith it is in myself

i know with time my bird will become what im aiming at im already happy with more than not

people do have the ability to bring me down but i know this so i just tell myself as long as im never like they are im happy

im not going to put birds into the young bird shields this year though as i had planed though

im not sure if ill be going yet either really depends on whom is going that i do find worth spending the day their with or around

i enjoy when my fellow bird breeding friends place well it brings a smile to my face that they have achieved some recognition for their efforts

i have at moment but only three pairs today my first chick hatched a little albino so that raised a smile i think im going to call it a name not sure yet but it does need one as its first albino chick this year

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

I think i am going Gb, but my heart isn't in it, haven't even started getting my birds ready yet.

I have asked for the day off work to go but haven't made my mind up yet, getting a ride with Geoff if i go.

if i go it will not be with birds in splat it will be to socialize and look at look of birds that are winning take pictures and try n work out my next move to improve my own stud

with the birds i have got

Edited by GenericBlue

I am hoping to have my new camera by then, I have put my order in for my birthday from Greg, my birthday is in 10 days so I am crossing my fingers. I want a Canon Ixus 110.

She looks like a Dave?

BILD0248.jpg

She looks nothing like a Dave!!!!

This what I look like - and I am a Dave!!!

better_beard.jpg

Nothing like your Albino hen. On behalf od all Dave's, I am pushing for a rename - :lol:

this still cracks me up thanks dave :)

okay well im going to go out and get some snaps of the chicks from the lacewing hen and the opaline light green that just passed their last 5 eggs were infertile but since he died id say he was maybe crook even though no signs

also ill get pics my new addition my albino chick and its mum n dad :)

its time to stop mopping around in get back into the swing of things with this blog

• Member ID:  6,317
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  905
  • Birthday:  29/09/1987

god on you gb, im looking forward to seeing some pics, congrats on the albino chick!

okay i got the pics its been raining though today so they not to good even with my new cam i just got to get them onto photo bucket i think i need to re open a new one as i have lost my old account details wont let m e in or get new pass word grrrrrrr

ill do it soon as i can maybe tomorrow night

my albino is doing really good

okay i got pics

yea

so .................... my new albino chick

it could be a cock or a hen as mum is albino

dad is split albino

today

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

yesterday

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

now here is the last two chicks my beautiful opaline light green produced

first a opaline grey green cock /lacewing i used a flash for this picture

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

this is him as a bubby

IMAG0045.jpg

and with mummy n brother

IMAG0050.jpg

and daddy before he passed

BILD2281.jpg

brother yesterday hes in flight as was out box week now i dont keep my baby separate i believe they get better natural in stinks in the main flock

i did keep a baby cage but find better results putting straight to flight

but only if birds got good weight on

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

got this picture i was trying to snap a young chick but he kept moving this one was good i thought he flew off totally little monster

IMG_1423.jpg

here he is hes a yf light green /lacewing cock his dads a double factor yellow face grey mum one my breed lacewing hens from last year

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

well i guess i have gone slight of track since i started this blog on my flights so im going to kind of start afresh yet not

im going to keep you up dated with the lacewings and my progress as well as my albinos which ive had another chick hatch tonight its not as strong as other and had been trying to hatch since last night well tonight the cheeping got weaker and i decided to help the youngster out

i DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING AND YOU DO IT IN A STERILE PLACE

i did it **** about tonight as it was touch or go for chick but i still should of had something to fed it straight up as although its still alive now when i thought it would not be its not fed yet its cheeping very softly and ill check one more time tonight before i retire to bed but i will have on hand a match stick and some room temp yogurt for it encase its not fed as yet so that way i know it will definitely make it through the night

ill let you know how it went tomorrow night

but now im going to share with you a picture of my

Australian golden-face violet single factor clear-body hen

i love this girl i have her sister as well shes a normal sky-violet clear-body hen

here is my beautiful girl

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

look at the little /ino saying hey mum im down here lol

so why do i have such a combination hen you may ask ?

i have always stated i want to breed rainbows well she will help me in my path along with a few pretty unique colored birds for pets for people :)

here is a picture i drew of a yellow face cobalt cock bird i gave it to a friend :)

not a good picture of it i should of taken a better one before i gave it away as i dont have a copy for my portfolio

BILD0150-1.jpg

never mind i guess ill just have to redo another one hope it turns out as good ( i think it was good since i can not draw budgies for life of me )

okay so today i lost another good cock bird :( he had been separated a while now struggling

i also lost his partner 4 days ago :( also was out of flock in quarantine area sick bay i feel they may had megga as a secondary infection flair up after or along with the bout of canker the birds just got treated for

i really dont know much about megga and how to treat for it i was told by vet i can only try keep it at bay as all birds hold it

so its back to using acv in water 10 mil per lt every 3 times a week it apparently keeps gut flora good i dont know

anyways my whole stud is staying at my house till i can feel my birds are all good no shows no nothing im getting vet to do house call in a month time as he wants to have all birds clear of any meds that could be in their systems so when he does poo n crop samples they are not affected by medication an he will get a true result

its 130.00 for a house call then any treatments may be needed on top of that its really great price benefit of living in sticks i guess have to book though and cash on day

so thats my update tonight birds look okay all in flight in fact here is fw pics from last night :}

albino cock , ayf cobalt /ino cock ,cinnamon / lw chick from a sr1x Rowe brother breeding

IMG_1525.jpg

Opaline Grey spangle hen and a df spangle both my breed birds

IMG_1504.jpg

yf hen i breed and a sky spangle not breed by me possible future pairing just depends on few things i need to look at them good as i only just now n then think m could be nice

IMG_1499.jpg

the yf and the sky violet clearbody

IMG_1494.jpg

a light green hen and a lacewing hen

IMG_1477.jpg

self breed grey hen

IMG_1470.jpg

sky blue hen i breed

IMG_1467.jpg

a young spangle sky violet

IMG_1429.jpg

thats for now

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators

Resized to 84% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlargeIMG_1472.jpg

look at the little /ino saying hey mum im down here lol

so why do i have such a combination hen you may ask ?

i have always stated i want to breed rainbows well she will help me in my path along with a few pretty unique colored birds for pets for people :)

here is a picture i drew of a yellow face cobalt cock bird i gave it to a friend :)

not a good picture of it i should of taken a better one before i gave it away as i dont have a copy for my portfolio

Resized to 84% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlargeBILD0150-1.jpg

That hen is very nice, GB! All your self bred birds look nice, and they should, because I know you are very particular about who you pair together. :)

That's a really good drawing of the cobalt cock.

thank you finne

i gifted it to one of our forum members as a appreciation of their friendship with me

the clear-body hen is not a self breed bird i have a fantastic partner chosen out for her it will be all clear-body clutch :)

her sister im going to be parring with the cocks full brother which is a split clear-body cock if all things work out that is

their wont be any nests around here for sometime after these three i have now are done so far half of each nest is addled this tells me that my issue is not just affecting the flock birds

hopefully the vet can give me a idea whats going on or what i may be doing wrong

i know its bloody cold here so figger the nests are just cold as its foggy and i swear i would have time to paint with the breath that leaves my body when it comes out like thick fog as it lingers before dispelling thats how cold it is

well when i did my morning flock check the birds seemed really bright as buttons

and my little weak baby well

its good as gold so the yogurt fed before night as normal did its job :)

ill get a picture when its warmer in next few days (if it get warmer )

i cant believe winter isn't even here yet i think im going to find a few birds wont make it this year as its already very frosty and the show birds dont do to well in cold around here but i can not make them any warmer unless un naturally which i refuse to do as they need to get tough most the biords i lose are birds from other studs that use heating of some kind

i now dont buy birds from these people and if i do its in summer only or they stay in the house all winter long

well thats me for now

gb

well its been cold and horrid and i haven't gotten picture of my chicks yet

so far i only have two

the third one hatched was a ino but it died before i got to it

another one i got to but when i was saving it and going to give first fed well ...the dog ate it

don't even ask how

so im with two chicks all other nests are empty bar one due in week in bit

as i removed them all as hen left nest

today my aviary has a leaky bit well its just extra water from the extra rain so i will need to fix that before winter

i have an idea but need two strong men to help so thats that idea stuffed already :(

anyway ill work it out at moment its that wet that doing anything to aviary is pointless will just get worse

saw shavings is doing its job for now

here is a hen for my lacewing line what do you think

shes not ready till late this year

shes a Opaline cinnamon light green

BILD2123-Copy.jpg

• Member ID:  5,913
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,045
  • Birthday:  08/05/1969

GB didn't know you were an artiest, what a nice picture you drew.

I like your grey hen you bred and the others are very nice as well.

I'll let the more experienced show breeders advise you on your Opaline cinnamon hen for your lacewing line.

Glad we can all share our photos of our birds, it's very inspiring to watch them evolve over timesmile.gif

i toss a brush around here and their but would not say im a artiest

that is by far my best budgie picture ever

mind you i have not tried to drew one until last year and im not really a chalk pastels or oil pastel person although giving them a try of late just see how i fair

i prefer my brush work but my poems/writings are more my art the paintings pictures just go with them

this hen is type of hen i like to use

shes got a smallish but broad head with huge multiple spots good shoulder and is a good handful

shes only a 011 so late this year still may be to Earlie to breed her i need to ask breeder her exact birth date so i don't use her two soon

she has lot of yellow so will maybe be good for lacewings i thought i dont really know as im just doing what i think will work not what others do

i am going to start using dark greens soon but for now im happy with the light greens i have been using

i have another cinnamon light green hen from same breeder but i think im going to use her in my spangles get a stronger body in their

although it doesn't look like it this hens good length as is the other one i have and may be good pairing for a older cobalt cock i was gifted and have only had one chance at breeding unsuccessfully so far :{

ill have to see as my birds range from my better stock to play stock at moment so i needed something to keep me interested in breeding for shows so playing with colors on side for self and pet sales shes in my show plan though not pet as is the other hen i talk of

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

She's really pretty GB :)

IMG_1472.jpg

Yes Gb, you have some very nice birds well done.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks everyone for your comments about my birds

i love them so all that counts to me

okay well i took a picture of the albino and sibling this morning

here they are

im very happy with my new albino chick and believe his is something very special although they all are hes got something about him that makes you go mmmmmmmmmmmm

IMG_1662.jpg not bad for a 25 day old and not a mop that i can see :}

little brother :)

IMG_1663.jpg

ill keep you posted to as how they come out

GB that albino cock looks like a real keeper, could be a cracker yet, has the early signs, well done