• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  45
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all, im new here.

This is Smash, my 1st budgie. - named smash because when i got him i had his wing clipped so he could come out and that resulted in him not landing too well and the name smash just seemed to fit. I was told he is only young but have no idea on age. The petshop people said they think its a male? will take a better picture and put it in the sexing section later.

I hope the image is the right size, photobucked is playing up lol.

PC040039.jpg

Smash recently had a bit of an argument with one of the pet rats, and is now recovering from an almost severed toe. He is still a little shaken from it all, he flew up onto the rats cage as it looks a little like his, and the rat (socks) grabbed him, which is strange as they were getting on so well. He did loose a lot of blood, and is picking at his wound and i know he is uncomfortable but um unsure on what to actually do with it? have a picture of the leg if anyone may be able to advise what to do, i can send it to you.

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Hi all, im new here.

This is Smash, my 1st budgie. - named smash because when i got him i had his wing clipped so he could come out and that resulted in him not landing too well and the name smash just seemed to fit. I was told he is only young but have no idea on age. The petshop people said they think its a male? will take a better picture and put it in the sexing section later.

PC040039.jpg

Smash recently had a bit of an argument with one of the pet rats, and is now recovering from an almost severed toe. He is still a little shaken from it all, he flew up onto the rats cage as it looks a little like his, and the rat (socks) grabbed him, which is strange as they were getting on so well. He did loose a lot of blood, and is picking at his wound and i know he is uncomfortable but um unsure on what to actually do with it? have a picture of the leg if anyone may be able to advise what to do, i can send it to you.

Hard to sex based on the size of the photo........you are allowed a 480 by 640 size here. Great name for your budgie :D

and B)

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

Hi all, im new here.

PC040039.jpg

Pretty bird, as to his toe I'd treat it with betadine e.g. if it was a rat bite just to make sure it doesn't get infected. It should heal o.k if it's clean and not infected. :P

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

You have a pretty budgie. looks like a girl but hard to tell.

In the picture it looks like you have your budgie in a round cage. Round cages are not good to keep budgies in. Here is a thread about cages http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index....58&hl=cages

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  6,882
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  205

sooo cute...