• Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

well today i went to local auction

i was a complete mess i had no idea how things worked

and the bird i wanted i belived was out of my reach ...but turns out that was not so ..

how ever i re did my breeding plan to work with the few good birds i have and i came home with

some nice more sencable buys with future linkins with my finall out come :D so im happy

i went to buy a yf df spangle hen . borg and skivington a gazzard out cross

and a yf opaline sky hen spangle . stephen elliot x watsons lines .good spot for spangle and length in mask...however when my plan changed i decided to look at the seven birds id chosen but stick to my new plan

which was find a good bird to put with my lacewing hen .a normal grey

and her sister ...find a nice /lacewing cock

and their brother a cinnamon mauve violet /lacewing cock to find a nice hen for him

and if their was by chance a cheep but worth while pick up grab it

so ..im looking at the birds and relizing my money wasnt going to get what i wanted as the bird i favored had many people interested and being beginner i figured id have no chance

was i wrong..

i got the grey cock i wanted but not for mt lacewing for my albino hen ..he is split ino .a bid was put for 20 i went 30 it went up t 40 and at the last second i went why not i try 50 but stop at that

and now he is mine :bliss: he is beautiful a rowe brothes breed bird i have seen alot of their birds and the three brothers have some lovley birds i drool everytime i see them i figured that must mean something lol and as they live in my area i hopefully will be able to buy stock in the future so thats one the breeders i decided to go with in my up and comming stud :rofl:

i got a last second split decishion by with one their albino cocks also i wasnt bidding infact i wasnt even looking at him as i planed to get my inos at a latter date but i had looked at all the birds buy the breeders i have decided to buy from and knew this bird was very nice boy not over big but proportioned and beautiful stance and his face is so cute so at the last second i bid

he was about to go for 40 so i went 50 ..hes now mine :yes:

then i decided on a violet cin spangle hen . stephen and elloiot but decided that i would go 100 on her and not a cent more as i only belived she was worth no more than eighty as she had no substance for what i needed her for but still if i could get her for 100 no more i would grab her as she had good fam history .. i bided up to 80 some one said 90 i went no stick to my plan and let someone else have her they can use her more i stoped she went for 110 i think but i was glad i didnt buy her as although beautiful and worth every penny if not more she wouldnt help my plan

so then my y face spangle sky came up ..i expected and was willing to go to 150 but kazzy had her marked so i told her to go for it she was woth what ever it took for what she wanted

so off we went bidding up it went 20 we started 40 ,50 .kazzy looked at me i said put your thing up quick and now she has her and what a beautiful bird but i had to stick to my plan and kazzy had her marked so as beautiful as she was ..yf another day :sad: (she knew how to bid by way just wasnt sure how high we should of gone for her ) i would of payed more if need be if kazzy had of stopped bidding ...then along came a sky spangle cinnamon now i have been told not to put spangle into your lacewings but she was so perfict for my /lacewing cock .

i had to have a go.. she got to 40 i thought no i wont get her but i did :D a caulfield familey bird .

their was only one more bird i was bidding on left

a opaline grey green violet cock . borg and skivingtion it stated possably yf i didnt expect to get him at all he wasnt possably yf he is . and all for.....30 dollors ,how ever if it was not for the kind heart of one man his name being jame and his partner being mr turnbull i would not have him right now ,reason being they bid the first bid and when he saw i bid for him he stoped bidding to give me a chance he knew what i was after and why .This bird was the only one i may of had a chance with that had the quality i needed and the viloet and yf genetics all rolled into one for 100 or less im sure if he had of bid again some others would have followed suit

so that it thats my day at my first auction i am sick with nerves even now im not one for alot of people and havent seen that many people so close to me for a long time

i did meet some beautiful people and was helped by quiet a few also its made me see that a club is where i want to be the members of my local club were so helpful and advising me in the right direction and mabe i wont use my sky hen spangle for my /lace wing as i got a beautiful grey opaline spangle cock the other week perfict for her we will see its all new but exiting and to top off my day my first show chick bird hatched today B) although show bench is a way off yet for me

it will be the first chick to my own line of stock ..im on my way

(pics to be added tomorrow as to late to disterb my lovley friends and yes i worked out the photobucket yess)

here is a picture of my opaline spangle grey i got last week for 100 a pair ,his hen is a opaline grey no picture of her she would not sit still

a996e414.jpg

bit blurry but only one i got so far

Edited by KAZ

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Terrific Results at the auction.....I was so excited for you. You also wrote about your time at the auction, so well, it felt like I was there and the excitement was building up :D

Great job :bliss:

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02

Terrific Results at the auction.....I was so excited for you. You also wrote about your time at the auction, so well, it felt like I was there and the excitement was building up :D

Great job :bliss:

thanks kaz the yf df spangle went for 100 i was going to go 110 but decided she was not of high enough standed to what i want for a df spangle that is

she is a fantastic bird and a fantastic buy will be a great mum and the feathers were nice and tight she had the length but not the head however her directional feathering on her brows was lovley she will produce someone some winners im sure of that but i have the makeings of my own df yf spangle in my stock so decided when on my feet a bit more with some my own birds breed then i will atempt my own (more fun)

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

GB Very nice cock. Good depth of mask and direction feather.

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Great job Gb can't wait to see the pics, was that the auction at Melton.

thank you daz i try to be very chosy with my stock (even with the pet types )

im going to start a few spangle lines with him as one of my foundation lines

and my split hen as the other lines foundation

he was well worth 50 dollors i think :bliss: and i was very luck that the breeder was so grashes to help me out with him and a lovley opaline hen also grey

im going to post my new birds soon just up loading them now

im so exited the grey /ino is beautiful mask is a bit short but i cab

n fix that

the albino is so lovley i think he has long flights though and i was told not to breed them into my stock so i may not use him untill i look into that more feel free anyone to explain this ?

my sky spangle is lovley in every aspect

but considering im not into greens my opaline grey green violet cock is so nice a bit small and lacks sholder but my hes nice spots face length of mask you judge for your self and opinions from all criticl or not would be welcomed if im going to be showing and breeding show quality i need the truth in my choises :D

no splat action at darnum out her in gippy land

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  3,545
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  13,140

Oh I missed that! Caulfield birds are great, I know pam and John well and they raise some of the best birds around. In fact the bird that pip lost and was found trying to break into the police station is one of theirs, see they breed smart birds as well as good birds! :D

thank you daz i try to be very chosy with my stock (even with the pet types )

im going to start a few spangle lines with him as one of my foundation lines

and my split hen as the other lines foundation

he was well worth 50 dollors i think :bliss: and i was very luck that the breeder was so grashes to help me out with him and a lovley opaline hen also grey

im going to post my new birds soon just up loading them now

im so exited the grey /ino is beautiful mask is a bit short but i cab

n fix that

the albino is so lovley i think he has long flights though and i was told not to breed them into my stock so i may not use him untill i look into that more feel free anyone to explain this ?

my sky spangle is lovley in every aspect

but considering im not into greens my opaline grey green violet cock is so nice a bit small and lacks sholder but my hes nice spots face length of mask you judge for your self and opinions from all criticl or not would be welcomed if im going to be showing and breeding show quality i need the truth in my choises :D

no splat action at darnum out her in gippy land

okay so this up loading takes all day so im going to put up some pictures of my other show stock

i brought recently

albino cock he was a pet shop buy but i know about is background and aparently i cant go wrong with him for 28 bucks

thats what i also thought before i knew his ring number

6f6ce445.jpg

the albino hen behind him was also a pet shop buy but again when buying her she turned out to be a good score for 25 dollors

d93cd1c3.jpg

9f3dc298.jpg

i love this one of the cock hes trying to hide from cam

okay this is the first picture of my action buy birds

my grey /ino cock bird 08 rowe brothers

08cadc8c.jpg

268b81cd.jpg

you can see he is still going to maturer more in next photo

ad71956b.jpg

this next one is a bit dark i took it last night

57386037.jpg

this is my opaline grey green o8 bird borg and shivington 08 bird

ad936ab2.jpg

this is his back also the sky spangle in middle caulfild family 08 bird

81a0c705.jpg

268b81cd-1.jpg

i will post better one later of him as they still up loading ..mmmm takes forever

my albino boy a little squashed up in these pics also rowe brothers 08 bird

2666ef85.jpg

cf59d6d7.jpg

bit blurry but you can see the lenght in his mask for albino i think is very good

and he has pants so cute

you can see in next picture his nice and long and stands tall

69ccb2cc.jpg

64c81ef6.jpg

so that them im very happy with my choises and for 180 think i did good :rofl:

Edited by GenericBlue

• Member ID:  4,388
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  13,420

Oh Good Job! You did so well especially considering it was your first auction! :D

Oh I missed that! Caulfield birds are great, I know pam and John well and they raise some of the best birds around. In fact the bird that pip lost and was found trying to break into the police station is one of theirs, see they breed smart birds as well as good birds! :D

they did have some nice ones i think kazzy and i were lucky with some our buys i think some the breeders actually stoped their bidding when they saw we were bidding on certain things

we did speak to lots of them asked opinions on our chosies explained why that certain bird would be good for myself and stuff cause honestly i think some the birds i got could have gone way more :D we were being looked after

i also met geoff tonkin he was in line with me when collecting birds he is a very nice man and i got his number for future B) he said i made the right choise not going and paying all i had on the cinn violet hen i told him i changed my plan night before that i had some more mutations and coloures still to get but not just now so thats so cool as i love his birds their beautiful :D

• Member ID:  3,383
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6,440
  • Birthday:  24/06/1948

they did have some nice ones i think kazzy and i were lucky with some our buys i think some the breeders actually stoped their bidding when they saw we were bidding on certain things

we did speak to lots of them asked opinions on our chosies explained why that certain bird would be good for myself and stuff cause honestly i think some the birds i got could have gone way more :D we were being looked after

i also met geoff tonkin he was in line with me when collecting birds he is a very nice man and i got his number for future B) he said i made the right choise not going and paying all i had on the cinn violet hen i told him i changed my plan night before that i had some more mutations and coloures still to get but not just now so thats so cool as i love his birds their beautiful :D

I know Geoff Tonkins,very well.He is the same club as me,he would of had birds for sale in the auction as well.

He would only give you good information/

• Member ID:  3,721
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  610
  • Birthday:  31/05/1979

Hey GB, Congrats on the Caulfield Bird I must say that she was the One Bird that I really really wanted from that line but I couldnt get to the auction and I didnt want to hassel anyone out to get her for me, wish had now I was willing to go to $60 for her. She is the half sister to the Hen of mine that got away, then broke into the police station, i will be ringing Pam in a minute to talk her!

By the way the sister that I have is a Yellowface blue/grey Spangle. That line comes from a good diploma winning line. I will make you a deal, Ill give you the offspring of your choice for a swap of the same from that hen, I really want to keep the line in my aviary. I also have another Violet/Cobolt spangle hen from the caulfield line that is one three babies at the moment, she is with a nice big Yellowface grey cock from the Borg and skivington line ( oh by the way great score there, most of their birds have Mannes and Binks line), Ill get some photo's for you when the babies feather up.

Hey GB, Congrats on the Caulfield Bird I must say that she was the One Bird that I really really wanted from that line but I couldnt get to the auction and I didnt want to hassel anyone out to get her for me, wish had now I was willing to go to $60 for her. She is the half sister to the Hen of mine that got away, then broke into the police station, i will be ringing Pam in a minute to talk her!

By the way the sister that I have is a Yellowface blue/grey Spangle. That line comes from a good diploma winning line. I will make you a deal, Ill give you the offspring of your choice for a swap of the same from that hen, I really want to keep the line in my aviary. I also have another Violet/Cobolt spangle hen from the caulfield line that is one three babies at the moment, she is with a nice big Yellowface grey cock from the Borg and skivington line ( oh by the way great score there, most of their birds have Mannes and Binks line), Ill get some photo's for you when the babies feather up.

not sure i want to do that i would have payed more if had to for all birds i got exept the albino and grey / as i know i could get another the breeder living in my area

however im quiet happy if you want to help me decide what i should put with her to achive good rezults or mabe we could cut a deal if you could help me get some more caulfield line birds so as i can have some related stock for my upncomming line i do love the line of spangles they do and relize they are good stock or would not of brought her i would have prefered a yf but as kazzy and i wanted same one let her have the one i really wanted as we help eachother anyways and stuck to my basic coloured blue based spangle instead this bird was the only one i fancyed i figured was in my reach as a beginner

she is unused and i have no amidiate plans for her as yet but was playing with some ideas

she is kind of usless to me as in i only have the one caulfield line breed bird however was planing to buy more when i was able (ie other auctions) but if you know the breeder and mabe she can help me with buying some more then it wouldnt hurt to arange something as my line is not even began as yet :D

you know av i think she has my number or you could just pm me i can give you it and discuss this further no garrentees depends what your offering me but as you more astablished than me it wouldnt hurt my stock to replace her with another nice caulfield bird id do that for you if it could be aranged and i was happy with the replacement B)

• Member ID:  3,721
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  610
  • Birthday:  31/05/1979

GB, I would be more than willing to help you with choice of Cock bird to put with her, I can also talk to the Caulfieds and see what else they have that they are going to be selling, I know that they have some more birds going into another auction this weekend, not sure what they are but I do know that the auction historicaly has bigger price's on the birds.I have PM'd you my number if you want to have a chat about where you want to go with your lines.

thanks pip i could use a bit of help i know where i want and what birds i want its getting them as i dont drive or know really anyone i like to keep to self hence the time i have for my birds

their are a few birds ive been working towards getting and slowly i am achiving it i started buying my show stock to start a few lines in dec last year and partly as im perticulure in what i want and partly as i can not take birds on the v line train system i find it difficult to get to where the good ones are

some times i buy stock just to recive it and find i wont use it in my show line so it gets offered to kazzy then if discarded by her sold or kept for our pet lines to upgrade their features and size

she is a very lucky pick up on my acount and a well worth bird to start a good few birds to use for breeding so we will talk and talk it from their i will call you B)