cleaning water holder

Guest Ironball

Guest Ironball

Hi folks

What would anyone recommend for cleaning my budgies water container with. I use to use just boiling water but as he is old now he is probably more prone to getting bugs. So is there anything I can get that does not have harmful chemicals in it?

Guest pixie25

i rinse mine in hot water, then i use an avian disinfectant (that i use for cleaning the cage and perches etc.) and just spray it into the corners and all over the inside of of the dispenser. i leave it for a few minutes then i rinse it out with hot water again.

if you find that yours is hard to clean it might be worth investing in a stainless steel circular cup? they are normally for larger birds but you can get small ones too, they are the most hygeinic type of dispenser to keep clean. :( (make sure the water level in the cup is minimal so that your budgie has absolutely no risk of drowning though). he may also like to bathe in it too. just an idea :D

pixie x

Edited by pixie25
Guest Imotive

I use a brush that has a long stem I only use it for cleaning budgie water things and I just go in a and out and then i feel with my fingers and ther eis nothing!

I use the free toothbrushes we get from the dentist!!! They're very good for reaching into corners!!!

Guest Julie

I use the bottle brushes that people use to clean out babies feeding bottles,I just wash in very hot soapy water and rinse well

Julie

• 3 years later...

what do you guys use? I use a cleaner I got from the shop that says it's safe to use on the budgies cage... I never thought of using a bottle cleaner though... maybe I will steal one of babies old ones and try that...