• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  10,220
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Heres the story:

Tango my dilute green baby hen is fighting BADLY with my flock members. She made Ariel bleed lastnight, and Chico this morning :D I have numerous cages im trying to sell, so im going to set up a nice cage for her, and give her all her favourite toys. I am NOT allowed to have more than one cage, my mom wants them all in one cage. So, unfortunately, i cant have a crazy, unpredictable baby hen making others bleed. Shes fine or actually VERY nice, and tame towards people, so im going to put an add in the paper for her and the cage this week. The add will say "Baby budgie. Big cage, toys, want non-smokers, 836-..."... It will be sad, and its unfortunate no one gets along with her But im not allowed to setup new cage and cant trust her with my main flock :( . . . Im selling the nice big cage, over $50 of toys, and her for combined, and i know shell be sold in 10 minutes, as last time i sold baby budgies in the paper, all 8 babies were gone in 25min What do you guys think? Am i doing the right thing? ...Am i doing the right thin guys? I hope shell be okay, and i know she will do fine with humans. She still young, and is VERY tamable still Then, i can offer the family a future baby for cheap if/when my oher birds have fertile eggs, so Tango can have company, and hopefully shell get along with the new freind.... ;) I hope you undertsnad guys.... This is a very hard situation for me, and no matter how i tell my mom, she wants only one cage. My family has a lot of stress lately, and i dont want her mad, or stressed out even more. Please post comments, and try to put yourself in my shoes... Thansk guys... :(

Kirby

:wub:

Edited by Kirby

• Member ID:  1,930
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0

Anyone... Am i a bad owner? :wub: Am i doing the right thing? Ive seperate them, but shes in same room... Sitting there playing, others are singing and having fun ;) Shes the green bird in my sigfnature by the way, not the pied, the dilute spangle that looks yellow in those pics...such a cute lil vicious babie :D

Kirby

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

I answered your other post for a home for Tango :)

Thanks lovey!

Where did it go though? I cant find it? :) Wasnt it under 'Budgies for Sale' right?... Not there anymore :)

Kirby

it may have been deleted by a moderator because it was getting well pretty "hot" and "heavy"

Probably....

:) It was suppose to be a thread just to help me out, not for people (You know the parson im talking about) toe yell at me like im her servant :)

Thanks Lovey... I talked to Aunt, she is going to take her tomrrow!!! :):):):) Im soo happy! She only lives 25 minutes away which is GREAT! im soo happy! For both Tango, and my cousin who has wanted a green baby female budgie for over a year! :D

Kirby :)

good to hear you can keep an eye on her and I know she will enjoy her new home.

Thanks lovey...i truely appreciate your input, and you seem to be the only one helping me :blink (Laughing out loud). Thanks again! And yes im happy, Tango will be, and hopefully Tabitha my cousin will be :) Its also her birthday on June 2nd... Good early present :)

Kirby

• Member ID:  2,155
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840

hey Kirby

i answered to your post in 'is he a spangle' thread...

i'm glad to hear that your aunty has decided to take the little girl in for you. At least now you can still visits her and you know that she's in good hands, or otherwise you can still give them tips and stuff on to look after the bird.

yes thanks Cheeta!

One thing though :( Her neighbour had a budgie that got attacked by there cat :( and they gave it to my cousin last night! :blink: So i dont know whats going to happen now :( I dont know if theyll still take Tango, or whats going to happen. I will keep you posted.. Hopefully it all works out in the end ;) Wish me luck!

Kirby

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

Kirby, you may already have the issue of your green hen worked out, but if not, how old is she? And when did the aggression start? What seems to set it off? Is it food- toy- or territory-related? How many of each sex do you have in the cage? Is she fighting with only females, or either sex? Even if you end up rehoming her, your experience might help others recognize some warning signs that things are not okay in the cage.

Hey Rainbow...

Shes 12 weeks old, it started Monday night, nothing i can tell sets it off, its SOO RANDOM! There is always at least 9 food cups, enought baths, enough water bowls, enough perches, eneough room, none are breeding, never got in fights before, all healthy, non sick or anything. Shell be sitting beside another one of my guys, then jump on them, and make them bleed :( Fallin to toe ground rolling on the floor. Shes been around other birds since day 1, and is handled by people often. Shes not a nervous bird, pretty curious and outgoing in fact :blink: She faught with my one female, and made her bleed, then also attacked my male all within 10 hours randomly. Theres even sexes, all of my females are paired up with males, so there no competition for mates. Tango was paired with Oscar my violet spangle male, and they truely were in young love. Shes fine with the other birds, is still young to be trained, and loved to cuddle as a baby. Shes growing up now, and i see 1st pin feather today... Shell make a FABULOUS pet for a children, adult, senior, breeder, or other person. I hope she gets the home with the person whos currently thinking about it... as it would be GREAT for her as a perfect pet. Shed also be a great breeder i know becuase shes got spunk, but loves her freinds such as Oscar more than ive ever seen a hen ;)

Kirby

She is entering adolescence. That explains some of it. :blink: It sounds like she all of a sudden decides she wants whatever the other bird has, whether it is his perching spot, nearness to a toy, food, or another bird, or whatever. The other bird doesn't want to give it up. Otherwise they wouldn't fight, the bird she is showing aggression to would just grumble and move away - especially if it is a male bird she is picking on. Some of that you have to let them sort out themselves, but if they are fighting so much there is blood, that is obviously another issue. The safety of all the birds is most important. Is there a certain spot in the cage these altercations seem to happen in most often? Like, can you rearrange the toys, food, or perches (or all three) and have the aggression stop? Are there enough perching spots high up in the cage? Can you post me a picture of what your cage setup looks like?

Edited by Rainbow

I dont have time to post pics now... But theres one in my signauture.... The big blue cage....

Its random her attacks. She doesnt have any favourite spots, they all get along great... She use to let everyone preen her, but has stopped due to adolescence, and thats about it. Shes her same self..except her 'craving' for blood. Shes made two bleed within 10 hours... not good! For my welfare of my other 5 birds, myself, or her. Theres no stress either :blink: No yelling, loud noises, or anything to bug her. Im sure shell be fine with other birds, just not mine. I dont want her doing it again. I bet something unknown to humans is buggin her about the other birds. The cage is setup great! Plenty of high perches. Many swings which she loves, lots of room to fly. All food dishes are same height, the perch she likes is the biggest in cage, and she lets everyone preen her, shes not territorial at all when it comes to stuff. Shell give up her spot normally for someoine else, even if it is his younger lover Oscar ;) (Laughing out loud). So, hopefully her new owner will tell me if shes able to take her or not... well see soon! Thanks Rainbow, your a good help!

Kirby

For now I would try rearranging everything in the cage. It may stop the aggression long enough for you to hear from the new potential owner if that is what you want to do. Hopefully you find a solution that benefits everyone. Also, did the other birds feed her? Being the baby, they may have recently stopped feeding her (even if they were not the parents), and that is ticking her off. When my birds were small, they would solicit food from their hatch-mates, and every one would feed the others. Watch to see if she is still trying to solicit food from the other birds.

Edited by Rainbow

Well shes been seperated now for 2 days... by herself. My moms annoyed at the fact that shes in seperate cage this week becuase im going to cottage for 6 days.... and my mom wants one cage to take care of when i go away, little own 6 ;) I was hoping shed be gone by now, so that my mom wouldnt have yet another cage to feed e.t.c. No, they didnt feed her. Just preened, and did up until the point she attacked them. :( She loved it. And i see her sticking her head out now for someone to preen, but shes in cage by herself so.... Anyways, im cleaning, vacauming, and feeding the birds before i go away for the week. The hopefully new owner is asking for permission, then shes going to tell me soon. She wants to visit Tango, and stuff which i understand, but they wanted to do it this weekend...and im gone so it cant be. I bet next weekend then :blink: Today was last day of school, so im out! YAYAYAY! Im soo happy! :( I just wish things were better between birds :( Will keep you posted on the news if the hopeful owner will buy her or not.. thansk again Rainbow!

Kirby

• Member ID:  1,796
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  894
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,145
  • Birthday:  04/04/1978

aw thats a shame kirby, i really hope you get something sorted soon.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

l hope that it will turn out good for you , it would be nice if your aunt can take in Tango so you can visit and also know that she will be looked after :blink:

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LisaChromis is buying her off of me! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isnt that great! Shes a member here, lives a few hours away, and we can keep contact, via email, this forum or visiting eachother! Im sooooo greatful and happy to have someone so nice and caring to take my lil reble :P I forgot to ask her, if she wants to keep the name Tango, or should i change it? What do you guys think ;) I think she should keep it! LisaChromis wants to come visit her this weekend, but im at my cottage, so possibly next weekend then :D

Kirby :)

Good Kirby. :P It's nice when forum members can help each other out like this. And it takes a good bit of the worry out if you know they will be well-cared for after leaving your house. I'm glad you found a good solution for you and your Tango.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

l'm glad it worked out :P

(Laughing out loud)

Thanks guys! Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! For myself, Tango, my flock, and for Lisa and her family ;) I just figured it out...were 202km away from eachother :P Thats more than 3 hours! She said shes up for it though, which is why i love that Tangos going to such a dedicated family. She raises finches, and also has fish! Shes also NOT a smoker!!! Which is what i wanted! Same with her hubby...so a smoke freen home for Tango to be the best possible pet :)

Kirby

• Member ID:  2,206
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1,285

Yep, we're going to come and get Tango most likely next weekend. Trying to see how a Monday holiday trip may work instead, but no guarantees on that.

Looking forward to adding Tango to the rest of the menagerie at the house. Should fit right in, with all the other birds, the fish, the rabbit and us!

:wub:

• Member ID:  2,104
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1,695
  • Birthday:  24/12/1985

That's so awesome that it worked out this way!!