All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. kinda sorta related question... i have a nesting box... paid good money for it and neither will go in it at all..... been in there for about 3 months now... also my female has started to lay completely flat on her belly... like all the time. it started out just every once in a while but now its a constant thing. shes done this before and i thought she was dead walked to the cage and she jumped up like normal... what in the world is she doing????
  3. Yesterday
  4. My budgie Charlie eats his poo continually..he luvs 2 b in kitchen flying around..he also has a budgie gym which is also in kitchen us toys & tray of pellets on windowsill..he has his freedom 2 go between kichen & lounge where his cage is..so has not unhappy & communicates with me thro the dy..he has his freedom from approx 1 o'clock til 6 ish. He eats fresh veg & fruit. So why is he eating his poo still?!!!
  5. My budgies are exactly like yours, they are in a breeding cage, with a nestbox only once the female checked the nestbox. When i first had them the male would feed the femal. Now she pecks at the male. I dont no what im doing wron. Any advice?
  6. Last week
  7. Hi my budgie had her wings clipped yesterday. I also bought her a bigger square cage, put a couple of her fav toys in but also added some new toys she seems not herself today and ive noticed her poop is a bit watery. I saw her eating some millet this morning but she hasnt been stuck into her seed, water and dry food like she normally is. The watery poop concerned me. Is that from the stress of having wings clipped? She wasnt too thrilled being taken out of cage yesterday and was biting the man when he took her out. She isnt tame yet but has never attempted to bite me. Is this behaviour/poop normal after having wings clipped? I feel really bad now that ive upset her little world. ive just now half covered her cage and im playing budgie sounds on youtube. Hoping this helps how she is feeling
  8. My budgie Jo, loves a bath. He flips into the bath bowl head first. She doesn’t flutter her wings delicately to splash water up, she literally stretches her wings out in a swimming motion! She floats like that on her side and has just laid there on her back! I place the bath bowl near hanging rings and Jo will hang upside down dipping his head and fluttering then let go of ring and fall into the water like a dive! Is she JUST bathing, or ENJOYING a swim?
  9. I have a female yellow budgie that has the humping habit as well. My Penelope has one of those little wind up hopping chicks that is fuzzy yellow. When it is on the top of her cage, she will knock the chick over on its side, wedge it’s feet and the wind up knob between the bars. She then stands on top of it wagging away with her tail, pecking its eyes and beak the whole time chirping. When she gets close to climax, she spreads her wings over the little chick, chirps and wags faster then shouts when she reaches it. She has even tipped over on her back before and never missed a lick! My other female, Jo, budgie has NEVER humped and attacks Penelope when she starts wagging and tries to block her from getting to her humping toy. They beak fight bad when they do this.
  10. I have two budgies and I am trying to seperate them for training. They will be in different cages, but next to eachother. I have had one budgie for almost 3 years and another for around 6 months. I just bought this cage for a deal and everything looks good, except for the fact that the cage is circular and fairly tall. *Dimensions* Diameter: 15 inches Height: 19 inches *Amazon Link* https://www.amazon.ca/Prevue-Pet-Products-Lotus-Stainless/dp/B00LPVIAJQ/ref=asc_df_B00LPVIAJQ/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292956746083&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10494468664064675791&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000758&hvtargid=pla-375544874837&psc=1
  11. Hi our 4 yr old budgie seems egg bound have given her occivet this morning should I seperate her from the other bird thank you
  12. Hi have a female budgie she seems to be egg bound I think. keeps opening her beak has funny crusty feel to her head. Pushes her tail up as if she is trying to get rid of something thanks for your help
  13. Hi, I just wanted to add a post to help other owners. My male budgie aged 2.5 years has a paralysed leg. Took him to the vet and it’s probably testicular cancer although it could be kidney cancer. Treatment if it’s testicular cancer is around $400 including diagnosing him with an x-ray. Treatment is an implant that would probably extend his life by 12 months. I’m in two minds about treatment. His quality of life is pretty poor right now and if the treatment didn’t improve this then it would be cruel to keep him alive for another year.
  14. i have a blue male budgie who is the sweetest thing ever. he has an albino female partner. i also have a 35 year old yellow naped amazon female named benny. my blue budgie (whose name is sparky) has become quite attached to benny and has recently tried to mate with her...... very weird. Benny is not to happy about a small blue bird jumping on her back so i have to seperate them now. why is he trying to mount my amazon when he has a partner? he does mount snowflake ( the female budgie) but seems to be more interested in ben... this is just insane to me and if im honest very hilarious!
  15. i have a female budgie who until recently was pretty normal. she started molting and her and my male bred. i dont think it was successful since she never laid an egg but now she is laying completely flat on her belly for most of the day. she has a very faint yellow staining above her cere. tail bobbing and seems to be having difficulty flying. I seperated her from the male in fear of her being sick and spreading it to him. im worried about her but she seems to eat and drink like normal. i know they miss each other as i put the cages close enough they can chirp at each other and not be too lonely. the male has now started humping EVERYTHING in the cage. could the female just be egg bound? if so what should i do? im use to Big parrots not small budgies but i love my birds and want to help them. am i over reacting and shes just ready for round two of the male or am i justified in thinking she may be sick? please help
  16. i have a female budgie who until recently was pretty normal. she started molting and her and my male bred. i dont think it was successful since she never laid an egg but now she is laying completely flat on her belly for most of the day. she has a very faint yellow staining above her cere. tail bobbing and seems to be having difficulty flying. I seperated her from the male in fear of her being sick and spreading it to him. im worried about her but she seems to eat and drink like normal. i know they miss each other as i put the cages close enough they can chirp at each other and not be too lonely. the male has now started humping EVERYTHING in the cage. could the female just be egg bound? if so what should i do? im use to Big parrots not small budgies but i love my birds and want to help them. am i over reacting and shes just ready for round two of the male or am i justified in thinking she may be sick? please help
  17. Post as many budgie pictures as you want (preferably your own). At the end of every year I'll put them all together to make a rainbow!
  18. I have recently gotten a new bird called Silva. She is black and white but still needs some time to adjust to living here. 1. How rare is her colour? 2. What genes/mutations cause her to be like that? 3. How can I help her fit in with my other 3 budgies?
  19. Earlier
  20. Hello, My mother budgie has killed three of her chicks (I am not sure how). She has left the oldest still alive which is now 10 days old. The oldest chick has splayed legs (we are taking care of that) but is not getting enough food and has not opened his/her eyes yet. Please help? Should I give this chick to another pair that has chicks or should I try and bring it in and help it myself? If so please give me a homemade recipe to budgie chick formula. Due to location circumstances, there is no places that I can buy formula except from eBay/amazon. They live in an aviary (heated and is protected from drafts). Thanks to all.
  21. My little budgie has recently lost the use of one of his legs. We took him to the vet and they think it is testicular cancer. His cere is bright blue though. He is only 2 1/2 years old and he is getting very weak. The vet has suggested the hormone implant, they think it will extend his life by around 12 months but he is such a small bird they also said the failure rate is high and he may pass during the anaesthesia. I was wondering if anyone who has tried the implant can give me feedback about what they have experienced. Thanks
  22. Hey guys, Just came over to my mums house and saw my sister's bird and it has like these dry looking scaly lumps grown around its face. Also has very scaly feet too. I asked my younger sister why she hadn't noticed and taken it to the vet or at least googled something but she's very ditzy and only young but i'm still mad she didn't tell my mum. It seems quite healthy though he chirps a lot and plays with its toys and has been eating normal. It's hand tamed and about 6 months old just for reference too and apparently my sister said it's been getting worse over time about 2 months after she bought him. So can anyone possibly tell us what maybe wrong with it ? *Please no hate or anything, we want advice so we can literally help it ! Thanks:)
  23. I have a sick budgie with unusual feather growth on his head. They are harder than normal and kind of clumping together. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
  24. Help My son is trying to get started. We bought a breeding pair who had eggs, but the eggs were never hatched. Its been about three months and now they are showing the breeding signs. The past few days we have gone out to do their food and water and there have been eggs on the floor of the avairy. Its like she is not even trying to lay them in the box. Why would this be? Any help much appreciated
  25. Hi there. We’ve had one budgie (Booster) for 3 years now, decided to get a second one (Blue) and this happened when we brought him home: As we were taking him out of the box he was in to put into the cage he slipped out of my hands and flew off, he's only 5 weeks old so cant fly well, anyway he ended up stuck behind a radiator. Managed to get him out quite quickly and get him into the cage but i noticed his foot looked a bit odd, in the picture its the one on the right. He doesn't seem to be able to uncurl it, and when he stands on it it stays tucked under him. So my question is, does it look like its been injured? Is this something that might sort itself out/heal over time or should i take him to a vet? Thanks in advance.
  26. I’m a budgie breeder, and I own 6 budgies of my own. Not too long ago, I bred one of my pairs of budgies. The female had laid eggs successfully, and she was fine. But then, I checked after a long long time (when she left the box) and I noticed that the baby Budgie was flattened, squashed to the nest box floor. I am so confused. Recently, my female tried again. She done the laying successfully and spent all her time in the box with her eggs. One egg hatched well, and I checked today, and well- it seems that baby Budgie is flattened and squashed to the nest box floor too! She isn’t a first time mother, and I am severely confused! I expect the baby to be dead, and I am really saddened by that.
  27. Hello, I have recently changed my budgies food from viral to a different brand, ever since I’ve had her she’s been fine, a shy bird but I figured she’s getting used to us and my other female budgie, who we have had longer therefore getting them to become friends was a long process in its self. recently as I changed the food my blue budgie started vomiting, it’s only happened once today and it’s the first time I had seen her vomit as I have seen them both regurgitate and I knew it definitely wasn’t regurgitation, she was flogging seeds and head bobbing. I was just wondering could the change in food be a cause? She is younger than my yellow budgie, or could this be a more serious thing?
  28. Hi Recently I have had one of my female die while I was on holiday so my even number (3M 3F) has changed (3M 2F) . Both my other hens have gone into season so I have had to split the cages. The problem is my oldest Male (my rescue so he's not tame) is not fitting in in either cage. Cage 1 he's ignored and looks lonely. Cage 2 he is chased by the other male. I'm not sure what cage is best. Thank you for any help you can give me.
  1. Load more activity