All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hello there, My male show budgie rapidly opens and closes his mouth quite frequently. There is no associated clicking, grinding or heavy breathing that I can detect. He eats and drinks normally and seems to pass regular and normal droppings. He lives with 3 other budgies and they all seem to get along. He gets a good amount of exercise and out of cage time. Should I be concerned?
  3. Yesterday
  4. Last week
  5. I have a budgie who was diagnosed with testicular cancer about 18 months ago. He has been having a hormone implant to shrink rather tumor every 6 months appr. His cere eventually turns bright blue again,when it starts to go brown again we go back to the vet. Today i had another budgie xrayed and vet found a mass that looks lounge it could be cancer as well. They gave him the hormone injection this time and will see how he is in 2 weeks and assess him again. It is very common in budgies apparently. I'm very sorry for the loss of your baby it would have been such a heartbreaking decision to make but you did the right thing not letting him suffer anymore. No doubt i will have to make this rescission one day which I'm dreading.
  6. Hi guys! My budgie cooper is 8 months old and over the past two weeks we've noticed that his cere has got this dry flaky skin on it. Does this look abnormal? He was on a seed only diet but we are currently transitioning to pellets. His behaviour has been completely normal and he hasn't been scratching his beak, but has been scratching his head on the bars of his cage as he's at the end of a moult. If you guys need any more info please let me know!
  7. Earlier
  8. Plz show the picture of red eye grey green male and also tell me procedure of creating this kind of male
  9. Been a while since I have owned budgies (6 years). Managed to obtain myself 25 birds for $100. I'm very rusty when it comes to colours and mutations etc.. so figured I would ask the experts.
  10. Do I need to separate baby budgies from other budgie in cage when they leave the nest
  11. I had my parakeets for over a year now, and i feel like they still have not warmed up to me yet, i dont want to give up on them but feel like i am. what should i do
  12. My male budgie escaped and left hen with 3 bsbies 6 days old and 3 eggs. She is a first time mum..can she raise them alone thanks
  13. I have a big Avery for parakeets, but the last two hatchings I have had, I had two babies from different hatchings that can't fly. I have been raising babies for years and have never had this happen. Is there anything I an do to help them fly?
  14. I’m looking to buy a couple lacewing English budgies, anyone have some for sale?
  15. Hi all, I had 2 budgies both bought as 6 weeks old babys about 5 years ago and unfortunately one passed away about 2 weeks ago. so i went and picked up 2 new baby budgies with my kids last weekend i messed up and didnt follow quarantine procedure at all. yet to late for that now. i have only just noticed today one of the new birds seems to have an issue with her feet. It may have been there the entire time ive had them i just hadnt noticed. she uses them fine. doesnt seem to affect her at all. yet one foot is missing a claw all together and the other has one that appears injured or stumped. and also has a similar build up on the back of its leg. ive looked up images of bumble feet and it doesn't seem the same and apart from the areas in the photos the rest of the feet look normal from what i can see. does anyone have ideas as to what it could be. if its serious and what to do? regards
  16. The only time I have ever heard a success story with Lovebirds and budgies is when both were separated from their parents and hand raised together. Everything else has been horror stories of love bird mutilating budgies.
  17. I have the exact same issue with Myna birds and had put out a rubber snake to scare them away, which worked for about 2 days. One day while I was rotating my rubber snakes there was a massive wedge tailed eagle perching in a tree watching the birds. I had a heart attack as I have a small dog outside who does a good job at scaring away the birds who attack but I knew this bird could kill her easily. When it saw me it freaked out, swopped down and took my rubber snake!!!! I don't put them out anymore because I don't want him to come out incase. Pretty amazing though! I have lined my aviary with breathable fly netting which you can get for a pretty good price at bunnings; It is made of tiny wires so it takes a while for a Myner bird to peck it's way through and by the time it tries to do that my lovely dog would have scared it away. I totally recommend doing this as one of my budgies was grabbed and died after a heart attack :( since doing this I haven't had any issues like that with the birds, except for when they pretend to swoop which gives them a little scare, once again nothing serious and they eventually get used to. Hope this was helpful :)
  18. What a Cutie! The red eyes and the colour of the yellow makes me believe she's a lutino with cinnamon wings. Some people will pay extra for lutinos as they like the colouring, but that's just the same for a lot of colour variations.
  19. Ah! If he has red eyes, then it means that he's albino! I've never seen one in real life!
  20. I have a white male budgie. Are they very common?
  21. So I've had her for almost two months and I've noticed that the past few days her feathers have been very sparse around her nose and a bit around her eyes. I don't know whether I should be worried or if this is normal. Is it molting? Is she sick? Is it because she's naturally ready to breed? Someone please help! I've never owned a bird before and I'm worried there's something wrong. She's acting fine and eating fine, so I don't know if this is normal or not.
  22. I have a male and a female budgie, they have a nesting box but the female has pushed up to 9 eggs at once out of her nest, prior to this she pushed out two eggs. The male goes into the nesting box from time to time and they stay in the box together, he will come out for a feed and return to the nest. After pushing out the nine eggs she is back in the nest and been sitting but I can’t see her, she is sitting very low in the nest. Is there anything I can do? I wondered whether she is throwing them out because they maybe unfertilized eggs. Can you please help me cos I’m pretty keen to see some babies!!
  23. I’ve had this happen several times. It’s common when hand rearing chicks (without parent assistance). It’s usually because the feeder is not matching the pace at which the chick swallows food. This is an easy blunder to make. Don’t be alarmed by it. Also, there’s no need to express the air from the crop. Surprising as it sounds, the chick will correct the problem with its own flatulence. ...yes, that’s right. The chick will just have gas until it’s successful farted away all that excess air. You may notice some soft popping sounds, that are eerily similar to the sounds a chick makes when it is aspirating. It’s unsettling at first, but that’s the same sound chicks make when they’re farting. If you have doubt about whether a chick has gas, or is aspirating, just look for these particular signs : 1- Is the chick spasming into a weird L shaped yoga position, then curling up into the fetal position, only to spasm again repeatedly? If yes, your chick is aspirating. 2- Is your chick desperately gasping for air, in at irregular intervals, with a wide open mouth that resembles a koi fish feeding at the surface in a frenzy? If yes, your chick is aspirating. 3- Is your chick sleeping peacefully, while breathing at a normal rate, all while little popping sounds occur simultaneously with frequent puckering of the chicks vent? If so, your chick has gas. It’s fine. Just pretend your chick is actually a drunk friend, and let the chick sleep it off. Attempting to force air out of the chicks crop, may result in the chick’s crop bursting like a balloon. It can also potentially do damage to the crops sphincter. Hope this was helpful!
  24. Hi there, there has been a change in my budgies cere and I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what could be happening?
  25. I agree that this triple c is a good product. I gave to my bird when they were sick and it work well. But, I wondering if it can be use during the breeding process since my birds already laid some eggs...
  26. My budgie flew into my bathroom unexpectedly and landed on the floor. Then he ran to a tiny nook under the corner of a cabinet under the sink and he hasn’t come out for a long time now. The big problem is, he isn’t that tame yet so it’s harder for me to save him...I can’t see him at all. It seems he is moving around freely and is confined to a narrow space between the cabinet and the wall. Someone please help me...It’s been 2 hours and he still hasn’t come out...
  27. Hi all, For sometime now I have had a female budge of mine creating nests in the soil under objects (trees/water tray) in the aviary, despite many breeding boxes being available. Prior to this behaviour she had raised 6 chicks (across 2 clutches) successfully in the breeding boxes. She has attempted multiple times to lay eggs in this nest on the ground and out of about 20 eggs she has had 2 chicks survive surprisingly. Anyhow, other females in the aviary are now copying this behaviour and nesting in the ground. Is this a normal behaviour or has anyone at least ever had their budgies do this? If not why might they be doing this? Thank, Amelia!
  1. Load more activity