Two New Additions

Guest VroomVroom

Guest VroomVroom

I wanted to share that K'ulli just got two new friends! :) I was going to wait until my new larger cage arrived, but I was at the pet store for my fish yesterday and I saw two budgies that just stole my heart! I couldn't choose between the two, so I brought both of them home with me. K'ulli is so happy to have some friends! He's so much more active and they are talking, preening each other, and K'ulli has even regurgitated for Azura! Azura is a cobalt opaline budgie (I think!) and Lilia is a cobalt budgie. No fighting either, so I am relieved and very happy with my new additions! :)

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

First that is wonderful, you will have to post a picture.

Second, you must quarentine these new additions, starting today. Don't want to alarm you but you want to keep your older budgies safe from anything your newer budgies could potential bring home.

http://www.tuxford.dabsol.co.uk/masterbree...6/chap6map3.htm

http://www.budgerigars.co.uk/manage/stud.html

Read these over.

• Member ID:  1,930
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  10,220

I need pics VroomVroom!..of new birdies, and new cage we both baught!...I get mine this wednesday!..cant wait!

Kirby

Guest VroomVroom

I know, I feel terrible for not posting pics, but I can't find the camera USB!! Argh! :wub: I hope I didn't mess up big time with the quarantine. I knew about it, but since I got K'ulli only about three weeks ago and they are all from the same pet store, I thought it would be okay. If it's not , what should I do? I have already added them to the new big cage and they've all been together for about two days now. Should I seperate them right away? :wub:

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

if you would have gotten them all at the same time it would have been okay, yes you should separate them it will be hard now. It really is up to you.

• Member ID:  2,155
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840

I'd say now that they've been together, though some would say to seperate them now, but since it's only one bird before, I'd say, just keep them together, but keep an eye out on them. You never know, K'ulli may have something that hasn't shown up in the last three weeks that you've had them. Keep an eye on all three of them... I hope you don't have other birds though... :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VroomVroom

Hey guys, I'm sorry it took me such a loooong time to respond. I just finished moving, but it's been very hectic at school for me too since I am working on becoming a licensed practical nurse. I was relieved to hear your answers when I checked back some weeks before, and I decided to keep them together since they had already bonded so closely. I have been watching them very carefully and am very happy to say that they seem very healthy to me. I think that K'ulli was actually depressed when he was on his own because now he is so much more active and talkative. It reall warms my heart to hear them chattering away during the day. Thanks for your advice guys and once again I'm sorry that I kind of left you guys hangin. :blink:

• Member ID:  1,930
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  10,220

Same....

Got pics now?...