Sign in to follow this  
Guest cheekysunny06

Always See Budgie Eating

Guest cheekysunny06

Hi everyone, everytime I look at my budgies, Sunny is always eating. She's either into the seed or nibbling on the vegies or seed treat. Is this normal? :beer:

How often do you look at your budgies? He could just be playing with the seed sometimes rather than constantly eating.

Guest cheekysunny06
How often do you look at your budgies? He could just be playing with the seed sometimes rather than constantly eating.

I'm looking at them most of the time as they're in the loungeroom. She seems to be eating it. And its not just the seed, but the vegies and seed treat too.

:D also, why does she sit in the seed dish?

Guest Lin

How long have you had Sunny? If only a recent acquisition then it's perfectly normal. She could have come from a background of an inconsistent supply of food, and therefore will eat nonstop for a while. It will eventually stop. Baby budgies often do this as well. Check how much she is actually eating, maybe she has a misaligned beak, or for some reason is having difficulty eating. Here I am thinking of my baby tiel, who, after a solid minute of husking a single seed will invariably drop the seed

Also, lying in the seed - well, it saves moving doesn't it? I have one budgie that does this

Oh my too funny Lin...breakfast in bed :P

Do you think it could be a nesting behavior too?

Guest Lin

It could be as well, but the budgie I have who does it is only about 5 months old, and no where near breeding condition. In her case I think it is pure laziness and gluttony :P