• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  1,700
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  15/04/1986

okay, My birds and my family have designed an arrangement that seems to make everyone more happy. Ceaser and Houdini are caged together, Jake and Elwood are caged together and Petrie is once again by herself. All have alot of toys and everything. So I guess what I'm asking is it okay to house birds like this as long as they get an hour or two together almost everyday?? They seem to be more content now that they are separated withthe one that they like, and Petrie is on top of the worl because she is a solatary animal again. She is in love with herself more than any other bird so I think this is a good move for her. Thanks!!

Guest candacelast
okay, My birds and my family have designed an arrangement that seems to make everyone more happy. Ceaser and Houdini are caged together, Jake and Elwood are caged together and Petrie is once again by herself. All have alot of toys and everything. So I guess what I'm asking is it okay to house birds like this as long as they get an hour or two together almost everyday?? They seem to be more content now that they are separated withthe one that they like, and Petrie is on top of the worl because she is a solatary animal again. She is in love with herself more than any other bird so I think this is a good move for her. Thanks!!

I am new to the world of budgies but i would think what ever makes them happy would be okay as long as they get "flock" time.

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

I personally thinks it sounds good, you want to create harmoney and a balance between all your budgies, and then they have time together everyday, so everyone is happy.

Guest pixie25

sometimes budgies just like to have their own space and simply wont get on together being housed in the same cage. it is sometimes down to lack of space in a cage but sometimes it is the budgies personalities.

i think it is fine that you have them housed separately and give them supervised play. it is much more sensible to do that than risk fighting breaking out. :unsure:

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

I agree too, what you are doing is fine. They don't have to be housed together to be happy, and it seems there is more discontent when they are all in the same cage. Birds can be just like people, sometimes we can tolerate someone in small doses, but no way would you want to live with them, LOL. There is no reason to second-guess yourself here. :unsure:

• Member ID:  2,138
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,481
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  13,140
  • Birthday:  10/02/1973

Good move Mel! Keep everyone happy!