Sign in to follow this  
Guest willow_kk

Bought A New Budgie!

Guest willow_kk

I just bought my new budgie :D He is very cute, green with a yellow head and black stripes. There was not much selection at the pet store when I went to get him so he's a bit older than I wanted (they think over six months). But he seemed to adapt very well to coming home, and was hand-trained fairly quickly. He's not afraid of my finger at all, and as I'm typing this, he's sitting on my shoulder. He was the most active and happy of the birds at the pet store which is why I chose him...I was looking at them, and he hopped over to me, seemed to say "pick me please!"

I will post a picture later on, dont' want to scare him with the camera. I hope Piccolo likes him!

I still need to pick a name for him, I like Frodo, but am also considering Clover (since he is green).

Guest candacelast

can't wait to see picture of him

Edited by Nerwen

that is wonderful that he is adjusting so well, I bet they played with him alot at th pet shop :D, I look forward to pictures. Congrats!

Guest willow_kk

Here he is! How old would you say he looks?

Picture093.jpg

What a pretty green. Sounds like he is adjusting well!

what a sweetie, budgies age so well, I would say he is at least 6 months, if older I am unsure.

Guest willow_kk

Thanks for the help! I decided to call him Kiwi, my boyfriend wanted to call him Gollum :D He's doing very well, such an energetic bird. When I take him out he likes to explore and climb all over everything - especially plants! He's also a real acrobat in his cage, going in and out of his plastic rings and hanging upside down from his swing :P

He seems to only want to eat millet and won't touch his other food! Maybe in the pet store they never gave him any millet so that's all he wants to eat.

He and Piccolo have seen each other from across the room and Piccolo seems very interested. It's so cute when they chirp to each other! :D

Here's another picture of him: Kiwi.jpg

Guest Phoebe
:D Pretty bird your Kiwi is, glad he is adjusting so well. He has the same coloring as my Star. :D

he is very cute

Kiwi is very pretty :(

Guest smilyl

he isa so cute this is my budgie

(kiwi023.jpgalso called kiwi)

okay i have 3 but this is my kiwi the other 2 arew shadow and jj

Guest willow_kk

Awww, he is a cutie!