Won't eat his seed

Guest cath

Guest cath

Hi all,

I've had my budgie about a year now. Last week his seed ran out so I bought some more from the same place. Since then he refuses to touch it! It's been 7 days now and he hasn't been near it. I've been and bought different seed from another pet shop but he won't eat that either. He will still eat millet spray and small bits of lettuce or sweetcorn though. He seems fine, although he seems to be spending alot of time 'kissing' his mirror lately. I don't know if this has got anything to do with it.

Please help I don't want him to starve to death.

Cath

Guest tequilabudge

if he is really that hungry i'm sure he'll eat it, but i agree that maybe you should see if the company changed something.

Guest cath

Thanks for your replies. I've tried two different types of seed and he won't eat either. I don't know if he is sick or just being fussy. Surely if he was sick he wouldn't eat his millet sprays either? Just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar. :)

• Member ID:  117
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  4,380
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  15/06/1962

i think he's probably being a tad fussy. u could try crumbling some seeds off his millet spray into his normal seed, see if that does the trick. if he appears well in all other ways, i wouldnt worry too much to be honest. just keep an eye open for other changes, but im sure he'll be fine :)

Guest tequilabudge

you could just be offering him too many treats, when tequila has millet and honey sticks she won't even think about eating her seed! its like a child deciding weather to eat his dinner or candy bars, the choice is obvious!