Got Myself 2 New Babies

Guest Natouk

Congrats on the new additions. :D

However, please quarantine them in a separate cage and separate room of the house for at least 30 days to monitor them for illness and/or have their first well bird check at the avian vet. This is very important in case they're carrying something ocntagious.

Guest Natouk
Congrats on the new additions. :D

However, please quarantine them in a separate cage and separate room of the house for at least 30 days to monitor them for illness and/or have their first well bird check at the avian vet. This is very important in case they're carrying something ocntagious.

They are quarantined in a cage, separate from the other birds, but not in another room : i'Ve got cats, and these babies are not flighted.

Plusa my Boy Friend will not allow me to have small birds outside my room, because of the seeds and noise... It tool a long time to get accustomed to Jordi (my too) going out of the room but on that point i was inflexible :D

It is however impossible for me to put the birds in another room

i' always byr birds from the same 2 stores and have welcomed new addition to my flock that way.

Each time i prey nothing happens...

Edited by daz

Miss Natouk, I also have space issues, and have had to quarantine in the same room, opposite ends. I make sure that during flight time the other cage is completely covered, so that no disease can be passed on. Whilst it's not an ideal way to quarantine, at least it is a form of quarantine, so all we can do is make it the best that we can.

Good luck

• Member ID:  1,592
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  817
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,305
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Plusa my BF will not allow me to have small birds outside my room, because of the seeds and noise...

I think my first instinct would be to get a new boyfriend.. :D who would allow me to do what I'd end up doing anyway.

Congratulations on your new birds.. I hope that everything works well with them and look forward to seeing pictures.

Guest eterri

I can understand the space issues. A great thing you can do (so you won't have to hold your breath and just pray for the best) is to have the new birdies taken in for a well bird exam at the vet. Have them tested for the more common diseases and if they test negative you can breathe a little easier! :D

Guest Natouk

These are excellent advices

Protecting the old birds from the new birds, i already did...

Have the bird tested is always a good advice, altought a bit expensive...

Plus, for the quarantine, i never can hold the 40 days... I barely make it to 20, i'm so excited about the birds... Bobby knows they are there, he saw me as a was arranging their cage and wanted to see them badly. But he and Bobette are back to the nest with the eggs, and the bew budgies are quite at peace for their first night...

The tiels watched them for 5 minutes, then got completely oblivious to them...

I have named the new budgie : IRA & IRIS!!!!

Edited by Natouk

• Member ID:  2,138
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,481
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  13,140
  • Birthday:  10/02/1973

new birdies! when do we get to see pictures? Please keep them quarantined & covered during the other 2 flight time. It doesn't matter if you got them from the same store. Trust me! I have shocking experience with what can happen when you do not quarantine, I would hate for you to suffer the same fate as diseases can go to your other birds as well.

Guest Natouk
And please be good and stick to the thirty day rule! Or else you will be sent to the head for detention.

Okay, will do my best to hold 30 days

:feedbirds:

it's gonna be hard!!!!

Edited by Natouk

And during detention - no opera music for you! (Laughing out loud). You will have to write 100 lines and listen to Karen and I be funny - that should make you behave!

• Member ID:  860
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

I really like the names you picked for them!

Guest Natouk

Mmm, Iris, is still iris

But after calling Ira a couple of times, i decided that he was an Albert.

I've thies that name and he seems to like it more... Before, he wasn't sure i was really talking to him.

We've settle that :)