Blinking game...

Guest potter

Guest potter

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share the joy of blinking game that I have started playing with Cha Pou after reading it in the forum...she actually understood me and was blinking back at me, and you could actually see it clearly! (Laughing out loud)....she never ceased to amuse me :(Laughing out loud):

• Member ID:  198
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

That's cute. They won't blink unless they are comfortable, so you are doing well! Yay!

• Member ID:  860
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

Me and Blinkie used to play that game when he was little! He was very good at blinking....anyone guess where his name came from! :wub:

As an extra to the blinking game, you could try and have a sleep over !.

Choose a time when your bird is sitting quietly either in the cage or better still, on your shoulder or chest.

Make eye contact, and blink slowly, every time your bird does, after say 5-10 mins, blink more slowly, eyes closed more and more, if you start to see the same reaction, slowly turn your head to the side (just like your budgie does when getting ready to sleep), keeping your eyes half closed but for the most time closed, if you are real lucky you will see your babe, do the same.

This may sound an odd thing to encourage, but if you study budgies in an aviary or as a pair, they feel most secure and safe sleeping with others.

For your bird to choose to sleep on your shoulder or chest, this is a good sign that your little one has made you an honourary budgie !.

have fun !

cal. :redalbino:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bhups

COOOL! i do this as well!

never knew everyone else did it (Laughing out loud)...

but the bloody budgies still dont feel comfitable with me :S (even though they play blinking with me)

i guess i will need to get some treats for them. ran out of millet spray 2 months ago :)