which brand of pellets? (USA)

Guest morethanrubies

Guest morethanrubies
Don't give up, it just takes time! Try making birdie bread or softening the pellets in pineapple juice or mixing them in baby food! You can do it!

I knew you were going to have something to say! :D I suppose I'll keep at it. I haven't tried the baby food yet. Baby applesauce, maybe, or fruit medley? My two-year-old still eats some of those so I have them on hand. Got a birdie bread recipe for me, Officer eterri? :D

Guest birdie2008
Are the "Exact" pellets any good?  I'm also trying to convert, but Banana turns her nose up at the Exact... >X.x;<

Those are Kaytee, right? I'm sure they are okay, but I personally dislike Kaytee.

I'd go for a non-colored pellet. I think Harrisons would be the best, but all three of my birds like their Zupreem. My vet recommended it, so I figured it must be good. A bird store near us also gave us samples of Harrisons, but the budgies wouldn't touch it and Ami preferred the Zupreem.

As for getting the birds to eat them, don't give up! I got the budgies to eat pellets and vegetables because they watched Ami eat them. Other than that I have no advice for getting them to eat them.

Guest morethanrubies

We'll see...I'm picking up a bag of Harrison's today at the vet when I take the dog. It'll be the first try with Harrison's. *crossing fingers* I had previously tried with KayTee. Birds ignored it completely. So, now I feel pretty nervous spending $30 on a bag of pellets when they didn't eat the ones that cost $5 a bag. Grrr...

They sure love their wheatgrass, though! :D