• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  17
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello there,

I have no idea what gender my bird is but I've been set up on a girl since I got her so that's what I go with.

I had noticed that my bird's feet were getting scaled/dried up a while ago and thought it could just be the weather as it's especially hot in here around this time of the year.

Last week I also noticed that the bottom of her cere had also started getting scaled up and I sort of freaked out went to the vet.

To my surprise the vet said it looked like fungus and gave me a spray solution and I've been using it for the past couple of days but I'm not entirely convinced that it is fungus. It always comes down to scaly face mites when I look it up online. She's not completely tamed and I had never hand-handled her before so it is very stressful for the both of us.

The contents of the spray includes Chlorine Dioxide Liquid, Aloe Vera, Lemon Grass, Oregano Daisy, Green Tea, Zinc (%5), Boric Acid (%9).

Here is a picture of my bird. Could this really be a type of fungus? She used to scratch/shake off her feet from time to time but since using the spray she seems content with her feet. It's hard to find another vet closeby and I don't want to go against the vet's directions but I honestly think this is a case of mites. 

2067033314_IMAG045101.thumb.jpg.dea6c79caf2c798f12f62e362d32a976.jpg