• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  25
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,
I got my first budgie on the 11th January 2020. She is okay with me touching her and will go on my finger however she started to show signs of loneliness so we decided to get another budgie for her on the 21st of February 2020. This other budgie we named Rio is so scared of humans, he hides behind the mirror if your hand comes near him. He will eat some millet of you if he see sky eating it first but the minute he realises you are holding the food he will run away or climb all over the cage. I have watched multiple videos on budgie taming and read a lot on the internet about taming but they all seem to be taming with food which I have tried since we have got him and I don’t seem to be getting anywhere. I have now started to notice sky becoming a bit more aware of human interactions as well and she has started to run away when you go to touch her. They come out their cage everyday and they just sit on the curtain pole I have tried to get sky to come and sit with me or put her on the floor to play with a toy to see if Rio will follow but she just flys away before we get close to the floor. They also have no interest in toys they have one or two toys in their cage but they are just not interested. So I was hoping if anyone has any tips for me I would love to hold and love Rio as I feel bad for him when I’m touching sky and to see them playing with toys. I have had a budgie before who loved to be held and to sit on you while you watch tv and to play with toys so I have never experienced problems like this before, so if you have any tips please let me know. Sorry for the long post.