• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  15
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I accidentally got into breeding when I saw two lonely looking budgies in a sparse cage in a pet store. I bought them, brought them home, got them a more suitable birdcage and started feeding them a good diet. Well, they have been breeding ever since! The male is a green and yellow English budgie named Desi and the female is mostly white with a bit of blue and her name is Delilah. I am hoping to learn a lot about budgies and breeding here. I also have two male budgies, housed separately, that are from the first clutch. They were handled because mom and dad didn’t do a very good job the first time around but have gone on to become fabulous parents. 

My first question is that I am concerned about Delilah being overtaxed. It doesn’t seem to matter what I do she just keeps producing one clutch after the other. I have tried removing the nest but she becomes frantic emptying every food dish etc trying to make a nest and will still lay eggs. I have tried separating mom and dad but they both become distraught when they can’t be together. How do I get her to take a break?

Can anyone tell me the proper terminology for their colours?

1A2B1D35-F417-48C4-9988-FC2D16D4483A.jpeg

2E98C3DB-FE25-41EF-9ADF-6B23EA878701.jpeg

A3FBD1F1-2D25-42AE-95D0-265610BCFDB9.jpeg

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG