• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

Hi all after a very long break due to health problems I am back and well I got this little lady a little over a week ago now. She is gorgeous, her name is Little Rock. Now I did have a go at identifying her mutation but I am not very good in the blue series but I knew you guys would know right off.

My speculation is that she is a Grey or Mauve. Dominant pied, YF type 2 (She seems to have a lot of yellow bleeding through or this could be a product of her pied)

And I feel she is also Opaline. Any help is much appreciated.

DSCN2146_zps843b28b9.jpg

DSCN2172_zpsb1cd0bc9.jpg

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

Glad to have you back, Jodie!

To tell between grey and mauve, we usually look at cheek patch and tail color. Since her tail is pied out, that leaves only cheek patch. A grey ought to have silver grey, dark cheek patches, whereas a mauve ought to have the regular violet color, darkened up quite a bit. So a very dark purply/blue. It's a little hard for me to be able to tell in the photos. What do you think her cheek patches look like?

You are right about the opaline, and probably about the yf2 as well. My yf2s aren't usually that pale, so maybe you have a combination of two of the yellow face mutations. Combinations of the different yellow face mutations can affect how much yellow bleeds into the rest of the body, so that is a possibility for you.

• Member ID:  4,257
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

Glad to have you back, Jodie!

To tell between grey and mauve, we usually look at cheek patch and tail color. Since her tail is pied out, that leaves only cheek patch. A grey ought to have silver grey, dark cheek patches, whereas a mauve ought to have the regular violet color, darkened up quite a bit. So a very dark purply/blue. It's a little hard for me to be able to tell in the photos. What do you think her cheek patches look like?

You are right about the opaline, and probably about the yf2 as well. My yf2s aren't usually that pale, so maybe you have a combination of two of the yellow face mutations. Combinations of the different yellow face mutations can affect how much yellow bleeds into the rest of the body, so that is a possibility for you.

Thank you Finnie. I hope to stay around this time. Heh heh.

But I am feeling so happy to be around this forum again and most of all my budgie's even if a few faces are no longer physically a part of my flock. x

So truthfully I couldn't get very close to her without causing her to flap around like a maniac so I haven't had a great look at her but now she has settled know's I feed her and don't want to harm her she allows my face near the cage now. Lol.

Looking at her they are defiantly not silver so she is not a grey. Her cheek patches are a dull violet and her colour seems to have brightened up and I noticed that in the light her rump even though it appears so dark has a blueish sheen on it.

(Sorry its blurry)

DSCN2404_zpse81dc8fb.jpg