anybody know if the white budgie is male or female. her cere is a lilac colours and some times fade to almost white. ive read so many different thing on the internet and am still know further forward. any help would be greatly appreciated.

10153905_10151917342267101_581450098_n.jpg

Looks male to me but will need a close up of the cere

okay il take another one after work. i was wondering if you could also give me a little bit of advice the other bird unfortunately died on Thursday and i was going to get another one to keep her company as she's only 9 month old, would you recommend getting one straight away or waiting a while.

could anyone tell me the gender of this budgie please???

10524629_10152114014632581_2975737420843226638_n.jpg

I think its either a boy or a girl, sorry but just a little hard to determine

Edited by trefto

Do you know how old the bird is?

If over 5 months I would say male if younger than 5 possibly female but I'm still leaning towards male

I'm leaning towards female. But yes, if it's still a baby, then you have to wait to see.

okay, I see that you have two topics going on this same question, so I have merged them. That's why that second photo appears twice.

If the bird is nine months old, then I would say male.

If you don't know why the other bird died, then I would not put another bird in with the current one. S/he may be carrying something. You should quarantine any new birds you buy anyway, so you could get one now and keep it in a separate cage for a month. Use the quarantine period to make sure that both of them are healthy before introducing them to each other.

Edited by Finnie