• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  105
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I have had three budgies display this problem: they close their eyes and look like they are sleeping during the day, they stay down the bottom of the cage and they look unwell.

The first budgie that showed this passed away because I didn't know what to do about it, the second one I took from the cage and placed it in a much smaller one and it returned to its usual self in a few weeks so I put it back in the big cage and now I have yet another one doing the same thing! I've placed it in a smaller cage until it starts acting normal again.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I can stop it from happening? I don't want to loose another budgie.

• Member ID:  7,514
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  2,065
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure what the cause is but keeping the bird warm helps. Some put a light bulb and monitor the temperature in the cage. Does the bird have any other symptoms and people probably need to know about the diet you feed the bird. Many things can happen as simple as water contamination, lack of vitamins, sun (which can be given in form of vitamin d3) and of course infections of many kinds. Sugar can promote mega bacteria so avoid that.