• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  675
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello

A week already passed since Cado has being with us. I think he's better now. He starts to vocalize. He's less afraid and when the cage is open he goes sometimes outside of the cage. I have few questions:

1. He is sitting on my hand only if there is a millet. Then he jump and don't want to leave. But never if nothing. Is it because I press him since the beginning ? I could not put off my hands :) during 72 first hours ? I didn't force him but suggested :). What can I do now ? How to make him sit to my hand and understand Up command

2. He seems do not enjoy cage off time. Is it evaluate he's clipped wings ? Or it us new for him ? He just flies a little and then back on top on the cage. And doesn't move then

3. He usually sit on top if the cotton wrest highest place in the cage

Thank you very much !!!!

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

Hello

A week already passed since Cado has being with us. I think he's better now. He starts to vocalize. He's less afraid and when the cage is open he goes sometimes outside of the cage. I have few questions:

1. He is sitting on my hand only if there is a millet. Then he jump and don't want to leave. But never if nothing. Is it because I press him since the beginning ? I could not put off my hands :) during 72 first hours ? I didn't force him but suggested :). What can I do now ? JUST TAKE 1 DAY AT A TIME WITH IT How to make him sit to my hand and understand Up command THIS ALSO WILL JUST TAKE TIME AND REPETITION LITTLE AND OFTEN UNTIL HE GETS THE IDEA

2. He seems do not enjoy cage off time. Is it evaluate he's clipped wings ? Or it us new for him ? NEW TO HIM YES, HE WILL GET USED TO IT AS HE SETTLES IN. He just flies a little and then back on top on the cage. And doesn't move then

3. He usually sit on top if the cotton wrest highest place in the cage. THEIR NATURAL INSTINCT IS TO GET AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE TO FEEL SAFE

Thank you very much !!!!

• Member ID:  7,761

Thank you robyn !!!! It is do helpful

How long usually takes to get them understand command Up and others ? I understand that it varies a lot from bird to a bird but in general ?

thank you

Hello,

cado is eating and drinking, chirping a little bit, especially when I put water sound music, but he still is very quiet. The most of the day he is sitting on the cotton wreath. He is not touching veggies or fruits or cuttlebone. He still jump on my hand when there is millet on it but never if nothing. I know that I am asking the same thing but it is already more than one week passed and the progress is small. Maybe I am mistaken ? The only thing when I touch his beck and tummy I think he likes it. He close his eyes.... again is it per pleasure or per scary :(:) ?

I'm also worried that I've started training her too soon - I started pretty much the day after he arrived because he was hand fed.

Should I continue now, or just stop everything ?

Should I let him millet from my hand ?

thank you