keith

Kiki Too Friendly

Hi All, Hope some one can give me some advice on our two budgies (Frisky & Kiki). Firstly Frisky is around 6 1/2 years old and Kiki is about a year and a half, both males. When we first got Kiki Frisky was frightened of him but eventually mellowed out. But now we have a problem with Kiki chasing Frisky everywhere and stressing Frisky out. Kiki tries to bang beaks all the time with Frisky so Frisky has started to peck Kiki back which calms Kiki down for a little while but then keeps at it. They are both nice birds and friendly towards us. They both share the same cage and we let them fly around the house in daytime and they sleep on separate swings at night. It seems to us that Kiki might have too much Testosterone and thinks Frisky is a hen! Any ideas how to cope with this problem?

Hi keith. If they are not fighting sounds like normal budgie interaction.

Males may from time to time engage in what may seem unnatural sexual behavior. Generally not a problem but I do have 1 cock that is more interested in a door frame than a hen.

Hi keith. If they are not fighting sounds like normal budgie interaction.

Males may from time to time engage in what may seem unnatural sexual behavior. Generally not a problem but I do have 1 cock that is more interested in a door frame than a hen.

haha, my pet budgie seems to be like that, as in that a feather will interest him more than anything really.