Aussiebasso

New Guy From Westerns Australia Bassendean

Hey guys newbie to this forum,

I had budgies as a child and recently in the last 6 months I have started to really get back into them.

I started of with 2 in a smaller cage and now have an aviary with 7 and currently have 5 babies in the nest box. I forgot how addictive budgies can be.

I have used this site for information and today I thought why not join,

I live in bassendean Western Australia.

2 of budgies are show type budgie and the rest are bush style budgies in all colours.

I am looking at changing direction and going to show budgies only due to there clam nature

Any way look forward to learning lots

Talk soon

Hi and welcome, sounds like you are off to a good start.

If you are colony breeding be sure to keep an eye on the politics in your aviary in case there are some squabbles they can end quite nasty.

Good luck it is such a rewarding hobby.

Cheers Jenny

Welcome to the forum AussieBasso, Just one thing, if you have bush budgies, you can ONLY have them green, if they are not just green, well I'm sorry they are not pure / real bush budgies. Real bush budgies will only breed green and they themselves must be green to be pure. Correct me if I'm wrong everyone, but I did do a lot of reading on them when I was breeding them and all other breeders said that they had to be green to be pure bush budgies. Did the seller tell you that they where pure?

Please don't hate me for telling that, but I am 99.9% sure that that is true. But congrats on getting back into them. they are very addictive.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

bush budgies will throw different mutations every so often as they do in the wild :)

hey welcome New Guy :P I think my sister was living in your town when she was over there :)

Thanks everyone when I say bush budgie I mean wild size not as the green ones found up north. What would be the correct term ? Just budgie, small, Aussie budgie or standard.

And breeding cabinets all the way

american budgie is the small pet type.

english budgie for the show budgie type.

hence budgies coming from Australia.

It all comes down to pet or wild type and show type but there are a lot of in betweens.

Because the English imports were considered superior to our own show budgies a lot of people call show budgies English.

Cheers Jenny

Hello, welcome :)

american budgie is the small pet type.

english budgie for the show budgie type.

hence budgies coming from Australia.

there is pet types and show types,,,not american and not english....these terms were coined by pet stores

There is one of the perth budgie clubs that meets in bassendean once a month at the community centre...Metropolitan budgerigar club :)

Welcome to the forum.