Sign in to follow this  
Alice85

Help Sick Fluffed Up Budgie

I need some help my very well bred hen is all fluffed up and looking really sick and thin has vomited a couple of days ago she has a dirty bum I have wormed her a avian vet is well over an hrs away I have her inside under the heater she's still very alert but not cherpy or active

What medications do you have on hand that may help? It's so hard to advise without seeing bird but she may need antibiotics or maybe Ivomectin could help if it's respiratory, does she have and "squeak" e.g when she breathes ? If she's vomiting I'm not sure what could help hope others with more knowledge may answer. Keep her under lamp and only give seed and water until you can get more advice. Good luck with her.

Unfortunately she didn't make it my local vet said she was to far gone to treat which I think is **** I am just new to english show budgies so I don't have medications yet but now am going to find out what one's to have in my medication cupboard

Did the vet, at least, give you any idea of what she had? Just in case your other birds could be at risk.