• Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

I know I haven't been around at all lately I have been absolutely stumped by looking for work and simply living that I barely have time to have "me time" So sorry guys, if you even remember me.

On the 5th of April my cherished budgie Ollie passed away so suddenly...he was healthy I, my whole family are shocked. My mum was distraught. He was a great little budgie just 7 days from his 5th birthday he talked from morning till night even when dropping into sleep. I would be greeted each morning by a tiny squawky voice saying "Ollie...kiss *Kiss noises* kisses!" then I'd kiss him say thank you and then he'd make the kiss noise back and say "Thank youuu!" In the highest voice.

He was such an outgoing bird always happy talking away in mainly his own language which was a mixture of budgie garble and human speech, he'd basque in the sun when it shone through the front door into his hallway, boy it was his hallway. Even though he was a friendly little guy everything you'd touch in the hallway he'd growl at you on some days but his worse was when you touched his favorite lattice ball with a tiny plastic bell in it. (So no shinyness to become possessive of) he'd actually lunge at you and on a couple of occasions he ripped off skin on my arm because I wanted to rearrange his cage after a clean out.

He enjoyed baths the most out of all my budgies I would fill up a little plastic tub and hold it up near the top of his cage for him so he didn't have to go to the floor and stay there while he splashed around fully submerged in the water. Though I could never truly tame him we had a bond of trust and I respected him. I think because of that he allowed me to scratch his little cheeks and requested it sometimes. He would walk up to the side of the cage and sit with his head tilted.

Everything he did was perfect I watched him grow from a tiny jelly bean of a chick into a fully grown (small but big in a different way) Adult this forum even named him. Little guy I love you and will always love you fly free.

I lost my dog of almost 12 years on the same day and that is exscrutiating I am not coping at all, the house is silent no barks from either Star or Ollie no more greeting furry or feathered and as of now I am so numb, my insides burning. I am struggling to do almost everything, I don't want to wake and when I do I hope that I will wake from this nightmare and all would be how I left it. Whole.

206780_211567848869228_1307497_n_zpsca67e4e6.jpg

I have a question and maybe its just my heart telling me that this is the answer but my dog went to the vets on the Tuesday and stayed there for three days and then after those three days Ollie passed away (Star also passed away on the same day) but I am wondering if he died from grieve as he was perfectly healthy even no longer alive his feathers were absolutely gorgeous. I still have his parents they are 6-7 years old so its all confusing and just difficult. He loved her so much, like he'd call to her and regurgitation to her at the side of the cage and show off for her. He even said her name then barked at her....

• Member ID:  7,164
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2,325
  • Birthday:  13/10/1978

Sorry to hear about your losses. :( I hope things start to pick up for you and find happier times. BIG hugs from here.

• Member ID:  4,257
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  981
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,495
  • Birthday:  28/07/1993

Some more pictures of the little fella, such a unique soul. I honestly can't heal at all, this morning I went out to see him at his grave site beneath a tree in the garden only to find that a cat had pooed right on top of his grave! I apologized to him told him I love him and that he has to take care of Star and that Sky will be look after him like her baby, she always wanted chicks and died egg bound. Rest in peace my boy.

12th April 2008- 5th April 2013.

d270cb30-2010-4772-8608-d8c9e2062a64_zps9a878a08.jpg

263727_241546289204717_8009425_n_zps7cd58ca4.jpg

167500_193047794054567_5090550_n_zps6708487c.jpg

73196_170381679654512_4888953_n_zps5608f1ea.jpg

He looks so big in the photo's but he really wasn't he was the smallest budgie I had considering his parents are brutes it was quite a shock. I even have little jelly bean photo's of him, but looking at those are to hard at the moment.

Something to honor his "wife" by. Me and my precious dog Star, sleep well girl. xx

429502_407520895940588_429129723_n_zps159cd293.jpg

Sorry to hear about your losses. :( I hope things start to pick up for you and find happier times. BIG hugs from here.

Thank you so much! Your words are so kind and caring. I will take them and hope that they will lift me into a stronger place. x

• Member ID:  7,401
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  298
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1,895
  • Birthday:  28/02/1999

Oh no, I'm so sorry :( big hugs, and I hope you can soon get over your grief. I haven't lost a beloved pet yet, but once my budgie got out and I was so sure he wouldn't come back (luckily, thank goodness he did) so I might be able to imagine somewhat of what you're going through. I'm so sorry. <3 <3

RIP little Ollie

RIP Star

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  7,482
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2,910